《Chapter 24》

-
Suzuki Sumire, a Captain of Kidokawa Seishuu Jr. High.

She was born natural, like how everyone is when life starts off for them, and they get their first glimpses of the world. Technically, only understanding few things as any other kid in their childhood, that was what she always aimed for.

Despite the early age she was shown to know more, she thought more, she was demanded to achieve success, to win, to stand on the top. There were no exceptions. She had to be the best.

Why?

It was her nature, it was her destiny. And who she was to deny that.

She has to meet everyone's expectations so she won't fall apart and break into millions of pieces. Perfection is her only goal in life.

She's intelligent, she never scores below 90 on any tests in school, always getting an A, no matter the difficulty or time limit.

She can easily memorize things better than the average person. Formations of the opponent's team, their way of sprinting, habits, or their simple way of thinking, it's nothing more to her than little observation.

She's a born leader. She leads her teammates down a path that isn't necessarily decided for them. A guidance, a chance to grow and evolve. She makes opportunities for them, giving them advice and clues, not a ready, easily achieved things, so they can get better, grow, and evolve. Make a progress. A development.

Growing as a person mentally is something that many do subconsciously, and she's no different.

She doesn't charge forward with only herself in mind. Instead, she takes a step back to push her teammates forward first before becoming the wall, they can lean against if they get pushed back.

As smart as she may be, there's a sense of naivety lining in her mind, showing that she too has room to grow and evolve and change just like everybody else. To get better, be perfect. Do it.

She makes mistakes, but she is great at covering them up.

Lying? She wouldn't describe herself as a good liar. Unless lying to herself counts too.

Was she a good person or just a pure liar who portraited herself as someone who anyone can depend on, even she doesn't have an answer for that.

But with talents and hard work always comes jealousy. Since she is better than everyone else, why can't she just play alone. It won't make much difference now, would it?

All experiences that happened to her beyond that certain point decided where she falls under.

If you don't understand my intentions, change your mindset.

That was the first ever words spoken to the Kidokawa Seishuu soccer team at the beginning of her role as Captain.

She did her best, uniting the team, showing great teamwork, Kidokawa Seishuu was shown as a favourite in Football Frontier, after all. So why did they lose the finals?

Three substitute strikers decided to dump all the work on her, depending on her to that extent. They ditched the idea of hard work on their part, letting their "so great Captain" do everything.

Her and Goenji's work was truly a success, not overnight one, a success that was achieved by sleepless nights the brown haired female went through to alter the team. And Goenji, spending days upgrading Fire Tornado as much as he could.

Even if Goenji never left her side and spent all those nights at the table half asleep in her father's study, he still couldn't compare his work contribution to hers.