《Chapter 36》

(I had to, so sorry, that meme is just too majestic, I felt a bit goofy after Eurovision)

---

The bond between Sumire and her mother can be described as distant and detached, lacking the warmth and closeness typically associated with a mother-daughter relationship. Their interactions are minimal, with little emotional connection or understanding between them. It is as if they are mere acquaintances rather than family members who share a deep and meaningful connection.

Kamiya Suzuki, the mother of Sumire, is an ambitious woman who possesses an unwavering determination to achieve her goals. Her sole focus lies in the triumph of her child, disregarding any sentiments or monetary considerations. Having been raised in a household that demanded excellence, she diligently instilled the same mindset within Sumire, ensuring that her daughter would be driven by the pursuit of success.

---

3rd Person POV:

"Wait a moment, Coach." they turned to look at Endou. The boy's shoulders were shaking slightly, and his fists were clenched. "Make a meal? This isn't the time to be that relaxed... The match against Zeus is in two days ! I have to complete Majin the Hand before that"

Endou expressed his thoughts, causing a wave of disappointment to wash over the faces of the first-year students. Their previously cheerful expressions turned sombre, reflecting their disheartened state.

"Can you do it?" Hibiki asked, which made him look at him uneasily, "With your practising right now, completing that hissatsu technique is..." Hibiki trailed off.

Endou became defensive right away, "I won't know unless I try!"

"It's impossible."

"Impossible?"

Endou repeated Hibiki's words, Sumire's gaze shifted rapidly between Endou and Hibiki before scanning the faces of the remaining team members. The unwavering determination of the captain to fight was undeniably crucial for their chances of victory. It was an undeniable truth that if the captain faltered, the entire team would be destined to suffer defeat by default.

The perplexing question arose as to why Endou hesitated to seek Sumire's assistance, especially when he was well aware that he had reached a dead end. None of the other team members were privy to this knowledge. Only Sumire held the key to this enigma.

"Majin the Hand is a phantom technique that Daisuke-san shed buckets of blood for. lt's not a mere technique you carn complete by just grasping it blindly."

Hibiki met the gaze of the stunned boy, Sumire took it as a cue to speak up, walking up to Hibiki's side, "And right now, your mind's over obsessedhissatsu technique. It's impossible to complete it in that condition."

"True, it might be a good idea to stop thinking about Majin the Hand for a while" Kidou spoke up, aligning himself with Sumire, and one by one, the rest of the team fell into agreement like a chain reaction.

"I agree." lchinose stepped up,"In America, they say not to rush things except when catching cockroaches."

"Cockroaches?" Aki questioned, "Don't you mean, 'Nothing should be done in haste but gripping a flea'?"

As she corrected him, Ichinose couldn't help but feel a tinge of embarrassment, leading him to nervously rub the back of his head, "l guess you could say it like that too." he laughed to ease his embarrassment.

"Everyone make preparations and meet up at 5, here."

Sumire concluded the conversation, signalling the end of their discussion, prompting both her and Gouenji to make their way towards the school gates. The two of them started walking in unison, their footsteps echoing through the empty corridors as they headed towards their next destination.