Chapter 9 Yi Zhi

During the Qiqiao Festival on the seventh day of July, the upper and lower parts of the imperial point room are very busy. In addition to the cakes to be made for the empress, they also need to make a large number of skilful fruits on this day, which can be used as festival pastries sent by the empress to the palaces during the begging festival.
The skillful fruit method is to first melt the sugar into syrup in a pot, then mix it with flour and sesame seeds, mix well and spread it on the case. after cooling, cut it into cubes with a knife, fold it into shuttle-shaped dough embryos, and deep-fry until golden. Although it is not difficult to do, but the amount of work to be done is relatively large, Lin Jiabao and they have been busy since early in the morning.
"Anzhu, don't be busy, and I will send the bird's nest cake to the queen first." Mammy Lin handed a food box to Anzhu.
"No. Mammy, I'm coming. " Lin Jiabao put down his work and went to wash his hands.
"Sister Lin, take me with you." Yutaki asked Mammy Lin. Today is the begging festival, she specially wears the exquisite purse which has been embroidered for a long time. I hope to show my face in front of the queen.
"No, Anzhu and I will go. You three, hurry up and make Qiao Guo. " Mammy Lin ignored her request. How could she not know Yutaki's thoughts?
Yutaki watched Mammy Lin leave with Anzhu, indignant in her heart.
When Mammy Lin took Anzhu to the main hall of Yongshou Palace, she saw Mammy Zhou waiting outside the hall.
"there you are, Sister Lin. The Queen and her Royal Highness are here, waiting for your snack." Mammy Zhou winked at Mammy Lin.
"this is Anzhu, isn't it? according to Mammy Lin, your craftsmanship is also very good." Mammy Zhou looked at Anzhu with a smile, satisfied with his appearance, and thought she should be able to make a difference.
"Hello, Mother Zhou." Lin Jiabao came forward to say hello to Mammy Zhou and smiled shyly at her praise.
Mammy Lin walked in front, suddenly covering her stomach and bending down. "Oh, why does my stomach hurt so much all of a sudden?". "
Lin Jiabao nervously picked up Sister Lin. "Mammy, what's the matter with you?"
"Oh, there's something wrong with my stomach all of a sudden. Ouch. Anzhu, go in with Sister Zhou. It is rude of me to see the Queen and her Royal Highness like this. " Sister Lin said to Anzhu.
"what about you, Mammy? does it matter?" Lin Jiabao asked nervously.
"I'm fine. I'll just go to the waiting room. You go ahead. " Said Mammy Lin.
"No." Lin Jiabao went into the main hall with Mammy Zhou with the food box.
In the main hall, the queen and the prince were sitting and talking. When the queen saw Anzhu coming in with a snack, Lin Jiabao first went up and knelt down to salute. "the imperial point room Anzhu, kowtow to the empress, her Royal Highness the Crown Prince."
"No gift." The queen looked at him carefully. Indeed, as Mammy Zhou said, she is a delightful child.
The queen saw the magpie-shaped cake on the plate. "what kind of cake is this?" The styling is very appropriate. "
"back to the queen, this is bird's nest cake. It is made of maltose, broken bird's nest, sugar and cake powder. Today is a begging festival, specially using the mold of a magpie. " Lin Jiabao answered carefully.
The queen saw that his answer was methodical, and she was not flustered and timid, and she liked him a little more.
Xuanyuan Hancheng looked at Lin Jiabao's clever little face. "how long have you been in the palace? what do you think of it, but you're still used to it?"
"back to your Royal Highness, Anzhu has been in the palace for more than a year. I'm used to life in the palace. The palace is very good, and I also learned how to make snacks from Mammy Lin. "
Xuanyuan Hancheng asked again, "where are you from?" Where do you live? Who else is in the family? Do you have any brothers or sisters? "
"Anzhu is from Peixian County, Xuzhou. His home is in Linjia Village, which is not far from Peixian County. There are parents, a brother and two sisters, and a younger brother and sister at home. " Lin Jiabao answered truthfully.
What Lin Jiabao said, Xuanyuan Hancheng actually knows it. Looking at his baby, he spoke with a small mouth open and closed, and his heart was hot.
"it's nice to have prosperous children in your family." Xuanyuan Han undertakes the four words of Zhongzi Si Xing Xing, and says it with a special meaning.
After hearing the prince's words, the queen nodded with satisfaction, "your mother is a blessed one."
", you are also a blessed one. Take it and give it to you." Xuanyuan Hancheng handed a jade dress to Lin Jiabao.
Lin Jiabao looked at jade pendant and was stunned.
"the Crown Prince gave you a reward. Thank you quickly." Mammy Zhou pulled Anzhu.
"Thank you, your Royal Highness!" Lin Jiabao took the jade dress and smiled sweetly. This is the first time he has received a reward alone.
The queen and Mammy Zhou looked at each other and knew that the prince was satisfied. "Today's pastry is very good, Sister Zhou. Take him down to receive the reward."
"No."
The queen looked satisfied with the prince and was relieved, "that's it."
"Yes, Queen Mother, it's him. Thanks to the queen mother for finding such a nice person. It's a little younger, but it's also easier to teach. " Xuanyuan Hancheng looked at his mother gratefully.
"as long as you like it, I'll mention it to your father later. If there's no problem, I'll give it to you."
When Lin Jiabao came out of the main hall of Yongshou Palace, he saw Mammy Lin waiting there and stepped forward quickly. "are you feeling any better, Mammy?"
"it's much better. What about you? Are you afraid to go alone? " Sister Lin asked.
"there is no fear. Today, the queen boasts that she has done a good job in pastry. The queen and her Royal Highness asked me a lot of questions. Mammy, this is a reward from the queen, and this jade dress is a reward from her Royal Highness. " Lin Jiabao gave Mammy Lin a bag of silver reward given to him by Mammy Zhou and showed her the jade dress.
Sister Lin looked at the jade dress and returned it to him. "keep it as a reward from the Crown Prince."
After the queen and the emperor mentioned it, the emperor also felt that this method was feasible. Immediately send someone to investigate Lin Anzhu's wealth background, there is no time for two days. About Lin Anzhu's life from childhood to childhood, everyone in his family, relatives, neighbors and so on, and even the situation of his ancestors for several generations are clearly checked.
"Zi Tong, you are a good candidate this time." The emperor praised that the Lin family made a living by farming for generations and was clean. This year, the eldest brother of the Lin family has even won the scholar's examination, and his grades are excellent, and it is very likely that he will take the mid-term exam in the coming year. The emperor has always liked talents. "from now on, he will also be an official, and his background is not too bad."
"Yes, your Majesty. This family is really prosperous. You see, Zhang is really lucky to have a pair of dragon and Phoenix twins. " The queen is satisfied, too.
"look, Zi Tong, the eldest daughter of the Lin family also gave birth to twins last year." The emperor was also satisfied.
"if only we could give birth to a pair of dragon and Phoenix twins." Sighed the queen.
The emperor thought that no dragon and Phoenix fetus had ever been born in the royal family of Xuanyuan dynasty. "if it is true that the dragon and the Phoenix are auspicious, I will reward him heavily !"
The queen looked at it and found that the fifth day of August was a good day. So arranged for the Mam below to arrange it.
That evening, a decree of the empress broke the peace in the imperial room.
When Lin Jiabao heard the decree of the empress, he was completely blinded.
"Anzhu, thank you quickly. Tomorrow morning, a special Mammy will pick you up. " Mammy Zhou herself came to read the imperial edict of the empress.
"Thank you for the grace of the queen." Lin Jiabao, with a white face, knelt down to give thanks.
"Sister Zhou, you see the child is silly with delight, ." Mammy Lin picked up Anzhu and said with a smile to Mammy Chou.
Mammy Zhou did not care, and kindly mentioned before leaving, "you should tidy up and prepare well in the evening, and don't keep Mammy waiting tomorrow."
After Mammy Zhou and the person who came to deliver the decree left. With a sound of wow, Lin Jiabao began to cry.
"Mammy, I'm afraid." Lin Jiabao began to cry.
The three of them also gathered around him and congratulated him and told him not to cry.
"this is a great thing. Why are you crying? no one else can ask for it!" Yutaki said sour.
Yuling patted Jade Taki. "stop it. Look how sad Anzhu is crying."
"Mammy, I'll never get out of the palace again. Whoo. " Lin Jiabao did not know what to do as a waiter to his Royal Highness, but he vaguely felt that he would never get out of the palace again.
"I miss my family so much that I want to go out to the palace and reunite with them in the future. They are all waiting for me!" Lin Jiabao cried out of breath.
"Anzhu, don't cry. From now on, you will be a man of his Royal Highness, and a good day is yet to come. It may not be impossible to leave the palace, and the family may not be able to see it. " Sister Lin comforted him as she stroked his back.
"Yes, Anzhu. Don't cry, your eyes will burst into tears. " Jade frost also softly comforted, reached out to Anzhu to a cup of tea, touched the teapot is cold. "Yutaki add some Scald for me."
"Anzhu, listen to what Sister Lin said. This is the decree of the queen, and it can no longer be changed. You can only accept that if you want to resist the will, you will not only lose your own life, but also involve your family. Think for yourself. " Sister Lin said to him harshly.
"Ooh. Mammy, I get it. Whoo. " Lin Jiabao also knew that what Mammy Lin said was right, but she couldn't hold back her tears.
Yutaki came over with a tray, put the teapot on, and went to the place where the water was boiling. The more she thought about it, the more jealous she became. Why, Anzhu is so lucky! It wasn't Mammy Lin who often took him to the queen to show her face. If it was her, maybe she would be the lucky one today.
The more Yutaki thought about it, the more he was not reconciled to it. Looking at the boiling water, a vicious idea came out of his mind. If Anzhu's face was destroyed.
"here comes the tea." Yutaki, carrying a whole pot of boiling water on a tray, came forward carefully, and when he came to Anzhu, he pretended to be careless, tilted his body, and spilled tea on Anzhu's face.
"Oh, dear! Be careful. " Everyone pulled Anzhu apart one after another. Lin Jiabao also subconsciously used his hands to block.
"Anzhu, are you all right? where did you get burned?" Mammy Lin looked at Lin Anzhu nervously.
"Mammy, my hand hurts." The back of Lin Jiabao's right hand is red and swollen.
"rinse it with cold water and get some scald medicine." Sister Lin pulled Anzhu to the edge of the pool.
"I'll get the scald medicine!" Yuling ran out quickly.
When Mammy Lin saw Jade Taki falling to the ground, she came forward and slapped her. "Yutaki, what are you doing?"
Yutaki covered her face and could not believe that Mammy had never hit her. "Mammy, I ..." I didn't mean to. I sprained my ankle. " Yutaki said with a lump in her voice.
Mammy Lin is an old Mammy in the palace. Can you not tell the difference between a real fall and a false fall? This Yutaki has such a vicious mind that I'm afraid I can't keep it.
The jade cream, which washed Anzhu on the side, also looked at Jade Taki with disappointed eyes.
"here comes the scald ointment." Yuling ran back with the ointment.
Mammy Lin carefully gave Anzhu medicine, but fortunately the injury was not serious, but it was a little red and swollen and did not blister.
"Anzhu, Mammy will go back with you and help you clean it up. You can't move your hands, and then you can go to bed early and don't think too much about it." Sister Lin took Anzhu away.
"Mammy, let me help you, too." Jade frost went with him, without looking at Jade Taki, who was still kneeling on the ground.
"Mammy, I'm coming too." Yuling also kept up quickly. Although Yuling is childish, she is not stupid. Just now the pot of hot tea was clearly spilled on an Zhu's face. Think about it is really angry, how could Taki do this!
In the inner study of the Prince's Eastern Palace, Xuanyuan Hancheng got the news that Lin Jiabao's hand had been scalded, and his eyes were instantly cold. When the injury is not very serious, relax a little bit.
"Yuan Fu, have you told Mother Ying Ma?" Xuanyuan Han asked Yuanfu.
"go back to your Royal Highness. I've taken care of both Mammy and Mammy."
"you go again and send the top medicine." Xuanyuan Han Cheng ordered Yuanfu.
"No." Yuanfu, stand down.
Xuanyuan Hancheng attracted secret guards again, "he said to Mammy Lin, and the maid asked her to deal with it. If she doesn't want to do it, help her. "
Anyone who hurts his baby will pay the price.
The guard outside the study announced, "Mammy Qiu wants to see you."
"invite her in." Mammy Qiu was originally the steward of the mother's queen's palace, nearly forty years old. He is rigorous, sophisticated and vigorous. She took credit for being able to handle it so cleanly in the Prince's Eastern Palace. As a result, the backyard of the Prince's Eastern Palace has been settled a lot. Since the Crown Princess was "sick", Xuanyuan Hancheng left everything in the backyard of the Prince's Eastern Palace to her.
"when I meet his Royal Highness the Crown Prince, the old slave has come to ask for your advice. Which courtyard did Lin Xiaozhu, given by the queen, be placed in the backyard? " When Mammy Qiu kowtowed to her Royal Highness the Crown Prince, she said it later.
"it's not in the backyard, it's in Pingle Garden. You asked someone to rearrange the main hall. " Xuanyuan Han Cheng is ready. Pingle Court is relatively close to his inner study. He has lived here since his rebirth, which is relatively clean. The surrounding scenery is also good, and it is far from the backyard. Xuanyuan Hancheng didn't want those women near his treasure.
"make the dormitory more festive, and you choose two more qualified maids and eunuchs, and Pingle Garden will use the kitchenette on this side of the study." Xuanyuan Hancheng continued to command.
Upon hearing this, Mammy Qiu understood that this Master Lin was extraordinary. If you have a dispute in your mind, you will have to pay some attention to the things about this little master in the future.