Chapter 4: Morning Angel

AUTHOR NOTE: Apologies for some lack of formatting consistency in terms of flashbacks and etc, I'll be more consistent after this...Here's how the formatting will be:

--- represents Scene Transition

~~ + a combo of Bold + Italic Words represents like a trailer, movie scene, video or commercial playing on a screen. 

=== + Bold Words + []s is reserved for dialogue with A.I. type characters such as Bit and Helpy or Virtual Interfaces.

and Bold + Italic Words means it's a flashback scene

Italic words + ''s means it's a characters internal thoughts.

Now Back to the Fanfic!

----

Location: Unknown Road

Time: Many Decades Ago...

The blazing afternoon sun cast golden rays across the vast desert landscape as the car cruised along the empty highway.

Micheal gripped the steering wheel, his gaze focused on the road ahead, while Charlie, a childhood friend from his past whose soul was presently possessing a lanky animatronic sock monkey, sat quietly in the passenger seat in a huge bag, staring out at the endless expanse of sand and sky above them.

"Mikey, do you think we'll ever find my Dad?" Charlie's voice broke the silence, tinged with a hint of uncertainty.

Micheal glanced at her, his expression determined yet tinged with a touch of solemnity. "We'll find him, Charlie. It might take a while. It may take years, probably even forever, but we won't quit searching for him. No matter what".

Charlie turned to him, nodding with the ever-present smile on her face.

"I love being with you, Mikey. You're like the big brother I never had," she confessed, her voice filled with sincerity.

Micheal's eyes softened, touched (and a little saddened) by her words. He reached over and ruffled her bald cotton head gently, a warm smile spreading across his rotting purple face as well, "And you're like the little sister I used to have too".

"Do you miss them?"

"Yeah...Someday, I want to see them again...".

The desert landscape stretched endlessly around them as they continued their journey down the road towards Las Vegas, the next destination in their search for Henry.

Location: Heaven

Time: Afternoon

Amidst the celestial beauty of Heaven, Michael Emily found himself painting the lakeside in front of him upon a sketchbook, Henry's house not far from where he was seated on the grass. His ethereal form was bathed in a soft, iridescent glow, his eyes gazing upon the vast expanse of paradise that stretched out before him. Eternity had been kind to him, but as he stood there, a yearning for something more gnawed at his celestial soul.

Silent footsteps drew near, their faint echoes barely a whisper against the heavenly expanse. Michael put his canvas and pan down and turned his head to find a woman in a lilac floral dress approaching him from behind the trunk of a cedarwood tree, her long, light brown hair drifting in the wind.