Chapter 10: Into the Pit Part 2

Location: Fazcade - Mega Pizzaplex Plus

Time: Years ago...

The arcade's flashing lights and cacophony of sounds enveloped them as they entered, a familiar chaos that felt almost like home. As they navigated through the throngs of people and the maze of games, the outside world felt miles away.

Gregory stepped up to the Retro-styled Bunbarians Arcade Machine, inserting a coin with a flourish.

"Ladies first," he said, gesturing to Cassie with a grin.

Cassie took her place, her focus on the screen, the digital enemy rabbits with huge wooden clubs charging ahead and attacking in varying patterns. Gregory watched, impressed by her concentration and skill, a sense of pride swelling within him.

Once her game ended, Cassie's name fifth on the leaderboard, a triumphant smile on her face. "Looks like you have some catching up to do," she teased, bumping Gregory's shoulder with her own.

Gregory laughed, the sound genuine and free. "Guess I do. And I'm not gonna hold back."

"Hey Gregory look! There's a player that has a name like yours at the top".

A name of the game's top player flashed onto the screen: 'GGY'.

"Huh. What do you know?" Gregory squinted, "You think I should try to beat this guy for fun?"

"Why not? Let's see who can take the top spot".

They took turns as the day went by, the competition friendly but fierce, their laughter and cheers drawing the attention of several other players and passerbys. However, neither Cassie nor Gregory surpassed the score of the enigmatic GGY but nonetheless, they had fun on this day before their summer holiday ended.

Location: Henry's Home - Heaven

Time: Unknown

"So... are we going to address the elephant in the room?" Henry asked, his gaze locked on Michael, who, in his current form, was a nine-foot-tall divine entity adorned with multiple wings and eyes. They were seated around the front porch table, deeply engrossed in a game of Monopoly.

"What elephant?" Mike said as he levitated a Pizza into his floating, disembodied mouth. Although they didn't require sustenance, he relished the familiar routine of eating.

"Mike, please go back to your normal form." Violet pleaded.

Mike sighed as he levitated another pizza slice into his mouth, "Why do you always have a problem with me?"

"We don't, it's just...You're scaring Evan." Flora gestured to the child who was hiding under the nearby coffee table.

"Fine." Mike huffed and returned to his human form...or at least what would have been had his height not been set to a default of 9 feet post Angelic transformation as suddenly, the seat creaked and broke beneath his weight.

"Whoops," Michael chuckled as he conjured a sturdier chair before resuming his turn in the game, rolling the red dice with a flick of his wrist.

Elizabeth, intrigued, looked up at her brother, "So, Mike, how has your transition to becoming a Guardian Angel been? You've been really delighted with using your powers since you reunited with us".

Mike smiled and leaned backwards on his celestial chair. "It's been interesting, to say the least. And what's not to like? I have big wings, I can fly, I can turn into a cool six-winged creature and can travel freely between heaven and earth without having to consult with the Old Man to do it".