Chapter 7: Bunny Bunny Bunny

10 Years Ago...

Location: Burned down Mega Pizzaplex

Time: Morning

For at least two hours, an inferno burned in the skies of Hurricane Utah. The PizzaPlex stood as a mere silhouette, engulfed in a symphony of crackling flames and the rays of the dawning sun. A chorus of sirens and fire engines screeched to a halt near the engulfed building, unleashing a team of dedicated firefighters armed with hoses and equipment, ready to confront the voracious fire.

They sprang into action, their faces determined, illuminated by the fiery glow. They swiftly deployed hoses, directing powerful streams of water towards the roaring flames, battling tirelessly to subdue the raging fire but despite their valiant efforts, the inferno proved insurmountable, reducing the entire building to smouldering ruins. The firefighters, though weary, continued their efforts until the blaze was fully subdued, leaving behind a haunting scene of destruction.

Now, the once-vibrant building was no more, the catastrophic blaze having torn through everything, leaving only a desolate landscape of black and grey ruins. The air hung heavy with an acrid scent, the once foggy smoke gradually dissipating now into wisps lazily drifting amidst the desolate landscape.

Far from the firefighters, walking among the blackened and scattered debris, was a mysterious man, clad in a protective jumpsuit and a dust-covered hard hat. Cautiously, he ventured further inside stepping carefully over smouldering rubble and twisted metal.

He meticulously surveyed the destruction, his movements deliberate and focused, searching for something amidst the wreckage.

After some time, the man's keen eyes spotted a recognizable form buried within the ashes—a damaged yet discernible Funtime Freddy animatronic head, its once colourful exterior now charred and worn, wires exposed and mangled. With careful and deliberate movements, he gingerly extracted the battered it from the wreckage, cradling it in his gloved hands as though handling a fragile treasure. His gaze softened as he beheld the damaged creation, a faint glimmer of reverence in his eyes.

"Yes, I feel you in there, master," he murmured quietly, his voice a whisper amidst the desolate silence. "I'll take you home."

He gently secured the broken head under his armpit, ensuring it was shielded from further harm. Vance stood amidst the ruins, a solemn figure against the backdrop of devastation, his unwavering determination palpable in the aftermath of the catastrophic event.

With a final, lingering look at the ruins of the once-flourishing building, the man snuck away from the site with purposeful strides....

Present day, 1 week later...

Location: Entrance - Mega Pizzaplex Hub

Time: 12:30pm

Cassie Brook's heart pounded with a mix of nerves and excitement as she clutched her Staff ID, freshly retrieved from her acceptance letter. Today marked her first day at the revamped Mega Pizzaplex Plus, a place she hadn't been to in three years, a place where dreams, fun and reality intertwined in a dazzling spectacle....

Stepping into the Entrance Plaza, Cassie was swept up in a sea of joyous faces, a tide of anticipation and wonder. But it was the central spectacle that truly captured her attention — a colossal, rainbow-hued tree standing proudly in the roundabout of Mega Pizzaplex Plus's Hub. This vibrant beacon, nestled just beyond the ticketing booths and the whimsical, purple flap-like Entry Gates, appeared to be the heart of the Mall Theme Park, its long and winding branches spreading out across the entire ceiling above.