Chapter 15: Tolerate it

AUTHOR NOTE: Image today is from the FNAF Cookbook as I was too lazy to draw. All rights to the image go to Scott Cawthon and etc.

~

A few years ago...

Location: Cabrera Home - Hurricane Utah

Time: 10am

The day Harry discovered the shocking truth about Gregory's origin was one fraught with a tumultuous mix of emotions. The revelation that Gregory was the reincarnated clone of a notorious serial killer could have shattered the foundation of their friendship. Yet, compelled by a sense of duty and an unshakeable bond, Harry found himself knocking on the door of his best friend's room, heart heavy with anticipation.

Gregory, still hungover and weary, opened the door.

"Morning Harry..."

"Morning. Are you feeling better? I brought you some water and aspirin." He showed Gregory the items in his hands.

"Yeah. It's all a blur. I just know that I may or may not have gotten into a bar fight with someone. I hope I didn't say anything hurtful, Did I?"

"Uhh...You said a lot of things...Things that concerned me." Harry twiddled his fingers, "Your mum told me everything."

"Huh?"

Harry steadied the larger man who was about to fall over, "Hey, let's sit down on your bed. I'll tell you what happened".

Harry narrated the events of the previous night, about how Gregory had started rambling on about how he was William Afton, the Founder of Fazbears, who got away with murdering 5 children and many more people. What's more, he kept mistaking Harry for his great grandpa Henry. Lucky for him though, no one else but Harry heard it and he'd shut him up, dragged him outside and dialled his mother to fetch them.

"Argh, I got really fucked up yesterday and...I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." Gregory began, his voice low, tinged with regret. "I was scared that you'd think I was crazy, faking it or, worse, believe it and abandon me and report me to the cops."

Harry's response was surprisingly not one of anger but of understanding and acceptance. "Greg, you're my best friend. Nothing changes that. You are your own person, not defined by your past or in this case, who you were cloned from."

The earnestness in Harry's words seemed to lift a weight off Gregory's shoulders, a silent gratitude reflected in his eyes. Harry continued, "You've seen me as an equal too. You knew I was Henry's grandson and the son of Samuel Newman, the famous inventor but you didn't take advantage of me like so many others did. Just someone to please so that they could go to expensive food places or get expensive gifts from me. So I'm grateful for that."

"So you'll still be my best friend?" Gregory beamed.

"Of course."

"Oh thank you Hen-Harry!" Gregory embraces him which causes them both to fall onto his bed, "I guess that means I have to stop drinking from now on huh?"

"No. You can..." Harry blushes at their closeness, "But you have to do it in moderation and I have to stop you from saying anything that could incriminate you".

"Yeah. I hurt a lot of people physically and emotionally when I was out of control in my past life...I don't like to remember it."

Bubbles of memories resurface: Late nights, William's daughter grabbing him another bottle of beer from the fridge because he loudly demanded it, arguments with Violet about how he reeked of alcohol and Henry's cologne, neglecting Evan in his drunken stupor while he was being bullied by Micheal, demanding that Micheal to end his own life and how everything would be better if he was— Gregory pushes those memories away as fast as he can.