Chap 12: Fun Fun Fun

Author's Note: Happy Easter everyone! After this, I'm taking a 1 week break again. Enjoy the new chapter.

Three years ago...

Location: Cabrera Home - Hurricane, Utah

Time: 8pm

Harry browsed through the extensive library of Fazbear Infinite, Fazbear Entertainment's exclusive streaming service, on his laptop while he comfortably nestled on Gregory's bed. The decision at hand was simple yet crucial: selecting the ideal movie for their monthly sleepovers, a ritual that had become a cornerstone of their friendship.

Lounging beside him was Gregory, who had been mindlessly scrolling through his social media feeds on his phone while waiting for Harry's choice. It was a routine activity that he was trying not to let become second nature.

Eventually, he stopped, his attention momentarily captured by Cassie's old social media profile on Polaroid, a digital ghost town of food, birthday, fashion and wolf pictures that resonated with the silence of her abrupt departure.

It was peculiar, her sudden vanishing act eight months ago. Gregory only discovered she had moved to Los Angeles to pursue college through a conversation with her father, a week after she had already left from their small town.

The lack of a proper goodbye and the silence that followed obviously bred frustration within Gregory for he and Cassie had shared everything with each other since childhood. Yet, remaining undeterred, he sent her a text two months ago, a text which since then had remained unanswered like an echo fading into oblivion.

===

[How are you doing? Do you remember me Cass? I know you're busy or have newer and cooler friends or whatever but I still hope we can chat online. You aren't mad at me are you?]

===

Gregory grimaced as he deleted the unseen message. She wasn't going to text him back. She probably hated at him after —

"Greg, your opinion is needed here," Harry's giddy voice sliced through his musings, anchoring him back to the present, "Should we dive into the Direct-to-streaming 'Freddy In Space 4' or a new true crime docuseries on Playtime Co.?"

A smile found its way to Gregory's face as he put his phone aside and decided to block her now seemingly dead account from his mind and his social media, the screen darkening along with the lingering thoughts of Cassie.

"Freddy In Space 4." Gregory declared, feeling a sense of liberation from the earlier pensive mood.

Harry's laughter filled the room with warmth.

"Space adventure it is," he declared, selecting the movie. With a couple extra clicks, the built-in projector on his laptop sprang to life, casting the film's opening credits onto the blank wall before them and the room was engulfed in the vivid sights and sounds.

As the story unfolded on the screen, Harry held Gregory's hand and snuggled into him. Gregory didn't budge but at the same time, ignored the occasional glances of affection Harry was giving him...

Present Day

Location: Cabrera Home - Hurricane, Utah

Time: 8am

RING RING RING

Gregory yawned as he switched off his alarm to get dressed to meet with Harry and visit his mother in the hospital but upon opening his eyes, he was met with a femininely-shaped demonic presence cloaked in shadows of his room. It regarded Gregory with predator-like slit eyes that seemed to pierce through his very soul and instinctively, he drew his Shock Gun which he kept by the holster at his bedside.