Chapter 16: I hear the secrets that you keep

2023

Location: Unknown - Hurricane, Utah

Time: 11pm

In the shadow-strewn alleyways of Hurricane, William Afton, clinging to the tattered fringes of life, treaded a path marked by desolation. The relentless decay that had claimed his body was a testament to the monstrosities he had wrought—a once-proud Founder of a massive multimedia children's restaurant franchise reduced to a wandering spectre in the world he once sought to dominate.

The artificial glow of neon signs cast a grotesque light upon him, revealing the horror of his form. His right arm, though whole, terminated in a grotesque approximation of a hand, the phalanges stark and skeletal against the night. More ghastly still was his left arm, from which flesh and sinew had been torn, leaving behind a skeletal metal framework veined with exposed, pulsing blood vessels—a grim reminder of his fragility.

It was beneath the garish light of a digital video billboard where William found himself suddenly halted. Upon its screen was an advertisement of a new Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria proclaiming its grand opening on a loop. William watched it for a few minutes, chuckling slightly as he reminisced on the past. There was also something else on his mind too, he'd been hearing a single word of sorts from the broken built-in walkie talkie inside of his dilapidated Springbonnie suit. It was irritating but he wasn't sure who had been calling him or why but it was clear now staring at the commercial.

"It's the address of this place." William muttered to himself, "Whoever's been sending out this signal wants me to come here".

From the gloom, Eleanor materialised, her presence a chilling echo of William's own damnation.

"Planning to go?" she queried, her tone laced with enigmatic promise.

"It's a deceptive calling for sure." he rasped, the words like gravel. " I knew it was a lie the moment I heard it, obviously, but it is intriguing nonetheless".

"So you will go?"

Distrust warred with curiosity within the remnants of William's soul. "Why encourage me to enter what is obviously a trap?! What if I die?"

With a dismissive shrug, Eleanor offered a cryptic rationale: "I understand that you hate dying but death ironically made you immortal and, now that you're a Demon, a second death will certainly bring about your rebirth as someone stronger".

"Are you sure it works that way?"

"You'll never know until you try." She grins smugly before dissolving into the shadows.

"Hey!" Anger and desperation coursed through his veins as he acknowledged his weakening state. The promise of becoming a demon, of transcending his current, pitiful existence, was a beacon in the tempest of his despair. And so, with a heart heavy with rage and a body marred by battles fought and lost, William advanced toward the new Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria.

The allure of the advertisement was a siren's call, drawing him and several others unknowingly toward a labyrinth with no exit, a maze with no prize, their crematorium.... But in his heart, he had to have faith that this would be another step in the endless chase for immortality. Only through Eleanor's dark promise could he hope to rise again, stronger and more everlasting than ever before....

Present day:

Location: Hell

Time: Unknown