Chapter 6: Lovefool

A few years after the fire that consumed the First Mega Pizzaplex but before the Second (known as the Hub) was fully reopened, Cassie and Gregory lay nestled in their sleeping bags during naptime, surrounded by the glowing stars and the faint chorus of sleepy snores in the new Twilight Daycare.

While the rest of the building and its attractions had yet to be completed, the first attraction to re-open was the Daycare which now had a more space-like theme to it. A few of the playgrounds and activity areas were still under construction but for the most part, the Daycare and its Sun and Moon-themed Jester Guardians were functioning perfectly without errors.

"Greg, Greg?" Cassie whispered, leaning closer to him.

"Mm?" Gregory mumbled drowsily.

Emboldened by the moment and yet hesitant, Cassie took a deep breath.

"I... I just wanted to say... thank you," She began, her voice barely above a whisper. "For being my best friend. Since forever and...this is going to sound really stupid but...I... I think... I've fallen in love with you".

Gregory let out a loud snore, indicating he had already drifted off to sleep before she could finish her love confession. Sadness washed over her pounding heart as she looked at his peaceful face, feeling a mixture of emotions—love, nervousness, and downright embarrassment.

She let out a small sigh, closing her eyes in resignation as she tried to sleep, burying her feelings for him deep down inside to be unearthed for another time as she waited for the 'naptime session' to pass.

Location: Movie Theatre

Time: 12:50pm

The family exited the theatre after the credits of Dreadbear 3 started rolling, feeling a little disturbed by the entertaining popcorn horror flick.

"So, what do you think?" Gregory asked, breaking the silence as they stepped into the warmth of the afternoon sun.

"The sequel wasn't as good as the first." Harry shook his head, "They toned down so much of the violence from the last one that it's hard for me to believe this is a sequel to the same movie".

Gregory nodded in agreement. "Maybe they were trying to appeal to a younger audience this time? The tone was really scattered, like it couldn't decide between horror-comedy or horror-drama."

"Holy shit, you're right." The realisation clicked for Harry, "It's like the movie couldn't decide if it wanted to be a horror comedy or a horror drama".

"Well, at least it wasn't a Mid movie or a forgettable one. It was just...so terrible that it was funny. I rate it a 6/10."Gregory chimed in with his critique, trying to lighten the mood, "but I do wonder how they're going to conclude the last movie with the main character dead though..."

"I think they might make his sister the new protagonist." Vanessa suggested, "They seemed to be implying as she got more screen time than the last movie".

"Good point. There was also him passing her his favourite keychain. It's gotta symbolise something".

Meanwhile Luna, who was still spooked from the climax, looked up at her father with terrified eyes. "Dad, that scene where the Robot Bear grabs the guy from behind the stone wall and choked him freaked me out. Real bears can't do that, right?"

Luis, comforting his daughter with a gentle stroke on her head, reassured her, "No, Luna. Real bears can't do that. It's all movie magic."

Gregory and Harry trailed behind Vanessa, Luis, and Luna as they made their way back to the car. The journey to the Pizzaplex from the cinema was short, and soon they were saying their goodbyes.