Chapter Two - Noah

"Don't you dare say it." I cracked open my beer, ignoring Violet's amused expression.

"Fine, I won't." Violet crossed her legs and took a demure sip of her drink.

She was my girlfriend, for two years, we've been dating since year nine. We had the same interests and bonded, which got us to like each other. Our relationship was healthy, except we did argue a lot.

Violet was my date, which is why I didn't correct Michael's assumption, his expression was unreadable when he stared at Violet.

Like he hated her.

Why should I care though, his personal business is not my business, I hate him, he hates me, it'll stay like that till were both buried six feet under the ground.

"Good." I caught her staring at me, her cheeks a slight pink colour.

"What is it with you and Michael? You've hated each other since childhood, like you've said. Just because of some grades, it's a bit dumb to hate each other over that." She sighed

"Well that was what we'd fight over, that's what we hate each other for." I replied trying to find something to change the subject.

She'd always want to know Michael, but Michael barley knew her. He only knew she was my girlfriend who went to Brickhill, one of England's most popular schools.

I'd known Michael since we were in nursery. We'd use to be mates, but once year two SATs came and he beat me, I grew up to hate him loads. He loved it, getting one mark above me, he loved seeing me rage.

"Michael's pretty beautiful for a boy."

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Let's remember were dating." I flashed a fake smile

"Calm down boo, don't be jealous." She giggled laying her head on my shoulder

We left the bar at seven, going our separate ways because she met up with her mate.

I turned the corner onto the quiet street leading to the metro station. I made it halfway when I spotted a flash of brunette hair and a familiar sequinned black shirt in the alleyway next to an out of business shoe shop.

My steps slowed. What the fuck was Michael still doing here? He'd left a good two and a half hours ago before me.

Then I noticed the glint of metal in his hand. A gun, pointed straight at a weird ugly bearded guy. His beard was ginger. Gingers are a huge turn off.

"What the fuck?" My words echoed in the empty street and bounced off the brick walls in disbelief.

Where the fuck did Michael get a gun?

Michael shifted positions so he could look at me while not ripping his eyes off the ginger.

"He tried to shoot me." he said matter of factly.

Ginger glared at him but was smart enough to open his gob.

"And I assume that's his gun?"

If he were to get kidnapped, he'd be returned an hour later, he's an annoying ass who yaps till he gets his way.

"No shit Sherlock Holmes." Michael's hand tightened on the weapon.

"I already called the police, they're on their way."

As if on cue, the wail of sirens sliced through the air.

Ginger stiffened, his eyes darting around in wild panic. What a baby.

"Don't even think about it you orange." Michael warned

"Or I'll shoot. And I know how to use a gun."

"He'll do it." I told him

"One time I saw him kick a guy in the ass till he fell and then he stomped on his back like it was a trampoline, he died." I lowered my voice to get ginger to freak out

"He takes things to a whole new level."

The situation was already absurd enough. I might as well play along. Michael rolled his eyes trying not to laugh.

An image of Michael actually jumping on a guy came into my mind, okay maybe it was funny.

But like I said, I was bored.

"You serious?" Ginger's eyes widened
"How do you two know each other? You banging?" Ginger's eyes ping ponged on us.

I almost gagged.

"I would never. He's fucking tomato sauce." Michael gestured at me with his free hand

"Like I would never ever touch that."

"What's wrong with him?" Ginger squinted at me.

"I wouldn't let you touch me even if you offered me a million pounds." I growled

I didn't care if Michael-Rose Afton was the last person on earth. He was one person I would never sleep with. Ever.

"You ever heard the saying, the bigger the ego, the smaller the penis?" He ignored me asking Ginger.

"Applies to bright red lipstick."

"Oh. That sucks." Ginger glanced at me with sympathy.

"Sorry man."

A vein throbbed in my temple. I opened my mouth to protest, to inform him that I would rather douse myself in bleach than allow him anywhere near my penis, but the slam of a car door interrupted me.

A cop the bloody size of the hulk got out with his taser drawn.

"Freeze! Drop your weapon young man."

For fuck's sake.

I should've left when I had the chance.