Chapter Five - Michael

It was Maisie's birthday, I'd shoved the mugging attempt into the dim recesses  of my mind. Distraction was the key to repressing memories, and luckily, I had enough distractions for a good five years.

It was February fourth. Mock GCSES were on the roll. After the one week holiday was time for mocks.

Was I nervous? Yes.

Did I revise my ass off? Of course.

Yet, I was still nervous, these were only mocks, they technically didn't matter, but to me, every mistake makes a huge difference.

That mistake is, Noah beating me. I would not allow that.

"I can't believe you guys did this."

Maisie turned slowly, taking in the restaurant that had been transformed into a veritable party Hall with wide eyes. And by party Hall, i meant a seven foot ice sculpture, multiple gourmet stations, a live DJ, a chocolate fountain, and a temporary dance floor, all courtesy of her richer than God boyfriend. Finn Harps.

Son of millionaire parents, just because he was rich did not mean he was nice. He was known for his severe anger issues, he was violent. He laid hands on Maisie once, I never forgave him, but she did. This was their second time dating, I'm pretty sure he uses money to distract Maisie, I also think he's cheating.

But that's not my role to see if it's true. I could only give Maisie advice, stalking my best friends boyfriend would lead to major major arguments, and I am not losing my best friend.

"No, but we wanted too." I flashed a mischievous grin.

"Plus, it was a good excuse to get a chocolate fountain, I've never seen one right in front of me." I hugged her and breathed in her perfume.

"Happy birthday, Maisie boo." I smiled, not wanting a downer despite the melancholy gripping me.

"Surprised?"

"Definitely." Maisie turned to her boyfriend and swatted him on the arm, though her eyes sparkled with delight.

"You told me we were going to lunch."

"We are at lunch." A shadow of a smile graced on Finn Harps lips.

"Technically."

Meanwhile, Noah lounged against the dessert table, his expression darker than his black shirt.

He used to be best friends with Finn until their fall out, which was a whole other story I didn't know much about.

"Wipe the sour expression off your face, Dr killjoy." I said

"Your bringing down the vibes."

"If my face bothers you so much, don't look at it." He drawled

"Unless you can't help yourself, which I full understand."

I scowled. I didn't want him invited, but Maisie insisted. She didn't invite Aiden although, I didn't know why.