Chapter Twenty One - Noah

Did I wait until Michael left before I stepped out the shower like a coward?Possibly.

But I'd rather be a coward than deal with the awkward morning after goodbye. Our arrangement was supposed to eliminate that awkwardness by setting clear boundaries and expectations, but of course, the weather had to fuck it all up on our first night.

If I ever made it heaven, I was going to have a long, hard talk with God about timing.

I was still irritated with myself for letting Michael stay over when I arrived at the bar, but the chaos in the bar quickly wiped away any thoughts of my personal life.

It were a long day, everyone else would be busy and it was too early to go to the bar without getting asked how old I was, which left me with one remaining option.

I toweled off after burning myself in the shower, got dressed and fished my phone out of my jeans pocket to text Michael only to find aessage already waiting from him, sent twenty minutes ago.

Trouble
U off work yet?

Me
Js finished.

Where r u?

It was Monday, so he wasn't working with his dad.

Trouble
Library, in the back.

Relief rattled my lungs. That was within walking distance.

Me
Don't move.

Be there in fifteen.