Chapter Twenty - Michael

I woke up to the scent of bacon and coffee, my favorite smell in the world. Individually, they were amazing, but combined? Utter perfection.

I opened my eyes and stretched, till I realized I was greeted by the world's hideous painting.

What the fuck?

But Elizabeth and Cc couldn't drink coffee and are too bloody childish for bacon, they choked last time.

Mum would be working and so would daddy, then why the fuck.

I shot up straight, my heart pounding with panic until bits and pieces from last night slowly came back to me.

Hyacinth. Harvery. Noah. Storm.

I must've fallen asleep during the movie, and Noah must've moved me into his room sometime during the night.

My heart rate slowed. Thank fuck I wasn't in some psycho murderer's sex dungeon, though I wasn't sure sleeping over at Noah's place was any better.

This was the second fucking time.

My eyes landed on the digital clock on the nightstand.

Nine thirty two am.

Shit.

I should've been long gone by now.

I climbed out of bed and quickly washed my face and rinsed my mouth in the bathroom across the hall before I walked into the kitchen. I opened my mouth, ready to bid Noah a nasty goodbye, but my words died at the sight before me.

Noah was cooking. Shirtless.

Holy fuck.

I think I just unlocked a new kink, because I suddenly couldn't imagine anything sexier than watching a man cook bare chested.

The sculpted muscles of his back flexed as he reached for the salt next to the stove. His hair was even more tousled than usual, and the sunlight streaming through the windows glided his skin with a deep bronze glue. A sliver of black sweats peeked over the kitchen island blocking the bottom half of his body. The pants rode low enough to send my imagination spiraling in all sorts of x rated directions.

I watched him in silence, fascinating by the easy grace with which he loved. I'd pictured him subsisting on pizza and beer like he had in school, but judging by the gleaming pots and pans hanging on the hooks over the island and the neatly labeled spices lined up on the counter, he knew his way around the kitchen.

It was strangly attractive.

Mrs Anderson raised him right.
I knocked into one of the island stools in my trance, and Noah turned at the sharp scrape of wood against the tile. His gaze skimmed over me before he looked away.

"Your awake."

"I've never slept so late." Yes I have
I slid onto the stood and tried to keep my eyes above his waist.

Don't think about sex.

"Thanks for letting me stay over." I added awkwardly.

Sleepovers hadn't been part of our pact, and I wasn't sure how to deal with it, especially after how, erm, aggressive over nighttime activities had been.

It wasn't like we'd made long, sweet love and I woke up to him cooking me breakfast. It was more like.. Well, like he fucked my brains out and a thunderstorm trapped me in his house.

"I wasn't going to throw you out in the rain, trouble." Noah slid a plate piled high with eggs, bacon, toast and crispy hash browns onto the island.

My stomach rumbled and I peeked over his shoulder at the stove.

"Any chance you have a second plate?" I asked hopefully.

"I'm starving."

"Nope." He popped a piece of bacon in his mouth.

"Only made enough for one, cooking breakfast for you would be too much like were dating. And you already broke the rules by sleeping over. I had to sleep on the sofa last night because of you. You can have my left overs though."

"Are you serious?" Disbelief erased the last bits of my grogginess.

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

"It looks like your two seconds away from a slow, painful death." I growled

"There are plenty of knives in here, and I know how to use them."

"Then use them to cook something yourself." Noah continued to eat like he didn't have a care in the world.

"You are such an asshole." My eye twitched

"I remember you calling me the same thing last night." He sipped his coffee

"Right before I fucked your brains out. Seems you have a thing for assholes, trouble."

Heat scalded my face and neck.

"That was last night. This is now. And I didn't mean to sleepover." I snapped, hating how right he was.

"I just fell asleep."

"Yes, that's what sleeping over means." Noah said slowly

"I'm taking a shower. I have shift in an hour." He tipped his chin towards his plate.

"Have it if you want."

I scowled at his retreating back.

My pride demanded I leave, but as always, my hunger overrode all.

I pulled the plate towards me and realized it was near full. He'd only eaten a few pieces of bacon. Weird. Noah usually ate like a horse. I once saw hun mow down a double decker burger, large fries, two hot dogs and a chocolate milk shake in less than twenty minutes.

I finished half the plate and returned to Noah's room to change back into my clothes last night. My clothes were horribly uncomfortable compared to the softness of Noah's shirt, but I resisted the urge to steal his clothes for myself.

I debated waiting for him so I could say bye, but that felt too awkward, so I sent him a quick text and slipped out quietly instead.