Chaptee Nine - Noah

Michael was absent for pe. I waited for Maisie to come out the girls changing rooms to ask her for questions, since she's the only person that hasn't peed me off today.

"What's wrong with Michael Myers?" I kept my voice low as I leaned against the bright red lockers.

Maisie chewed on her bottom lip while she stood on her tip toes to unlock her locker.

"Maisie." I pinned her with a stern stare.

"If he's gonna die on me in the middle of the night, I need to know so I can sleep peacefully."

Half lie half truth, I'd feel pity sorta, I'd miss having someone to mess about with.

"Funny." She glanced around

"Okay I'll tell you since I don't think I'll be able to hear the end of it, I'm not even gonna question why you've suddenly switched up and now suddenly wanna know what happened to Michael but okay. Plus he's stubborn to ask for help, even when he actually needs it."

My earlier seed of worry turned into a fucking tree, leaves and all.

"What do you mean, he needs it?"

Maisie hesitated before saying "Michael's gets ill occasionally, well all the time but once or twice a year he'll get really ill, for a good few weeks. He'll loose his sight making his surroundings blurry, he gets these really bad pains all around his body specifically his lower half and he vomits alot. He's weak in general so he can barely walk and will mostly binge sleep and won't eat." She takes a deep breathe before continuing

"Normally, it'll happen to him during the holidays but-"

"It came today." I finished.

A hard knot appeared in my chest.

"He doesn't like talking about it though, he becomes really dependent which is why he gets all stubborn because he doesn't want people to see him as lazy."

"Understood."

I knew something that could slightly calm down him, that just depended on how he'd react to me doing it.

"Lay off the insults, all right?" Maisie gave me a pointed stare.

"He's not in the mood." She leans in and covers her mouth with one hand

"He has the worse mood swings than any woman. It'll change within a second, don't mess about." She yanks her bag out before shoving her pe bag in.

"I'm not a monster, Maisie." I ruffled her hair as a joke, earning a scowl.

"Don't worry."

Me and Michael had music together. What I was gonna do would be too couple like, but I'm not a sad person and I don't think I've ever seen Michael, angry. We also sat next to each other which was alright, for this situation only.

Our music teacher was dead although, the school thought he was ill but some weirdo found out he died of old age. So now we've always got a sub.

"Is he in lesson?" I asked

"Unfortunately yeah, genuinely he looks really pale, he was refusing loads but the school physically banned him from leaving the school the sad fucks."

I actually felt bad to be honest.

"Thanks, don't die in music by bashing shit." I chuckled before leaving.

When I got in a quietly pulled my seat out and sat down slowly dropping my bag down. I did not want to get him irritated. He had his head on the table so I slowly tapped his shoulder. No answer.