1. Surprise, mano.

I watched the seconds go by waiting to get off of work, at Jamal's dad's grill. I work there with Jamal and Cesar, so it's fun, but today was a quiet day. "It's 7!" Jamal squeaked which caused me to have a minor heart attack. "Geeze Jamal, we can see the time, we've all been staring at the clock for 15 minutes." Jamal let out a dramatic sigh and started closing the place. Cesar put on his hoodie and locked the front door. "Should we go to my place? I don't think anyone's home." He said sarcastically. Oscar's been in prison for a couple years now. I don't really know anything about the situation, Cesar has visited him, but he doesn't really want to talk about it. It has always been just him and his brother, just like me and my brother. His mom passed away and his dad's a no-show. "Very funny, Cesar." I said under my breath. "Hey, he's my locked up brother, I can joke about it if I want to." He laughed, even though I knew he was hurting.

My brother and the Santos have been taking care of him, so he was not completely alone. Me on the other hand, that birthday was not the best one I've had, I'll say that. If I'm being honest, I was absolutely whipped for Oscar. He was always so sweet to me, even though he was a well feared badass in Freeridge. It makes me sad not knowing anything about him now, all I know is that he's alive. Shit, I'll admit a few nights when I've fallen asleep crying to my pillow after he got locked up. But now I've got a boyfriend, so it's old news. I met him in school, his name is Oliver, Oli as I call him. We've been together for almost a year. I can't say it's all been flowers and butterflies, but is any relationship? He's got some trust issues, which have caused him to lose his temper. My friends are not huge fans of him, let alone Antonio. I have thought about dumping him, I'll be honest, but it's not that simple. The days when he's incredibly sweet, warm and caring, I wouldn't change for anything.

"I gotta go home, I have my math exam on monday." Jamal said dramatically. "It's the weekend, are you kidding me?" I turned to him. "If I fail it again I'll get kicked off the football team." He whined. "You're not even on the football team!" Cesar and I yelled at the same time. "Yes, but my dad doesn't know that!" He rolled his eyes. "Okay then, Luna?" Cesar gestured to me. "Yeah, I'm free, I'm good at taking my exams." I laughed knowing I was not.

"Real funny guys, just leave me here to take care of everything like always!" Jamal yelled while Cesar opened the backdoor for me. "Love you!" I laughed seeing an angry Jamal wiping the counter.

"How are things with Oliver?" Cesar asked while walking beside me on our way to his house. "They're good, he's good." I said looking at my feet. "Is he though?" Cesar took my hand trying to get me to look at him. "You don't know him." I sighed knowing I've repeated that sentence one too many times. "I knew him when you came to my with bruises on your wrists." He said. I hated the fact that he was right. I didn't want him to be, I'm very ashamed of it. "I don't wanna talk about it, it's mad embarrassing." I said with my tone clearly annoyed. "There's not a goddamn thing embarrassing about it for you. You know Antonio would literally kill him if he found out. So if you're scared of leaving him, don't worry, you've got people around you that would gladly take care of it, me included." Cesar said with a serious yet concerned expression on his face. The only reason he hadn't already taken care of it, was because I begged him not to. I've never seen him that mad before, and it wasn't even the first time something like that had happened.

"I love you Luna, I'm just worried about you." He looked at me. "I love you too, and I know, I know what I'm doing." I stopped and hugged him. We continued walking and we started hearing the sounds of a party, but it was oddly close. We walked towards Cesar's house with confused looks on our faces. When we got on the yard I saw Antonio and all the other Santos sitting outside smoking and drinking with music blasting. "What's going on?" Cesar asked Joker, one of the Santos. Before Joker could say anything we heard the front door open.

"Oscar!" Cesar yelled and ran to his brother hugging him so tight you could tell it's been a while. "Well that wasn't really gangsta of you was it?" Oscar laughed ruffling Cesar's hair. "Good to see you mano." He said while lighting up a joint. I felt my hands starting to shake and tears welling in my eyes. Shit, the feeling is still there. My heart in my throat, I'm 14 again. He had changed. He got bigger, taller and he shaved his head. He had a few tattoos too. He looked intimidating. How is it possible that he looks even better? I quickly woke up from my thoughts and smiled at him. "How you doin Lil Lulu?" He smirked the same way as always. "Shut up." I laughed and hugged him, tears streaming down my face. I'm sensitive, I can't help it. I didn't want him seeing me cry, so I quickly wiped my tears as we broke the hug. "Why didn't you tell me you were getting out now?" Cesar said with a cheesy smile on his face. It made my heart feel warm. Cesar finally got his family back. "I wanted it to be a surprise mano." Oscar took another hit of his joint. "Now go change out of those dirty ass work clothes and let's party" Oscar slapped Cesar on the back making Cesar go inside. I walked over to my brother who sat on a couch that was weirdly placed on the yard.

"I'll go home to change too, I'll be right back." I said pointing down the street where we lived. "Alright, you free for the whole night? No boyfriend tonight?" He asked with a tone. "No boyfriend tonight." I said, rolling my eyes.

As I walked home I felt like I was gonna pass out. I felt all kinds of feelings all at the same time. I was so insanely happy for Cesar, I haven't seen him that happy in years. But I hated the feeling I got when I saw Oscar. I was obviously happy, but it wasn't just that. I've always had a soft spot for him. I felt guilty, I was in a relationship. Once I reached the door I decided that I'm gonna have fun, and leave my overthinking for tomorrow. Tonight we're partying.

I took a quick shower and took a basic jeans and a top outfit from my closet. It was comfortable and I was tired from a long day. While I was putting some makeup on, I started getting excited for tonight. The gang's back together, well, in this case literally.

 The gang's back together, well, in this case literally

the outfit

When I arrived at the Diaz' house, everyone was already wasted. "What took you so long?" Antonio asked me with furrowed brows. I gestured to my hair, makeup and outfit. "It takes time to get this pretty." I laughed. "Mhm, who you getting pretty for?" He asked, squinting his eyes. "Myself, obviously" Knowing there's more to that.

"Luna! Isn't this the best party you've ever been to?" Cesar hugged me, insanely excited. I laughed and hugged him back. "Sure it is." He opened another beer and went towards the couch with Antonio. I saw Oscar smoking, sitting at the stairs of the house. He again looked intimidating. "What does a girl have to do to get a beer around here?" I stood next to him. Oscar looked at me and smiled. "Go to the fridge and get one." He laughed at my jokingly shocked expression. "Nah, don't worry Lulu, I got you one already." He gave me a Corona, with a lime in it. "Wow, I was expecting just a can of cheap beer." I lifted my eyebrows. "It's a special occasion." He mimicked my expression. "I'm impressed." I sat next to him.

The night went on, everyone was drunk, more or less. Cesar was definitely more. At this point I was dancing with Cesar, having the time of my life, until Cesar tensed up. "What's wrong?" I followed his gaze to the street where my dear boyfriend was standing.