8. Hi, babe.

I arrived at Oli's door. "I can do this." I said under my breath. I took a deep breath in, and knocked on the door. "Hi babe, come in." He stood in the doorway, with a big smile plastered on his face. "Hi." I mumbled, walking inside. "What's up?" He asked, slapping my ass, walking behind me. He seemed drunk. Was he stressing about me coming over? Was he drinking to make himself more comfortable? At the same time making me ten times more afraid. "I think we should break up." I turned to him, getting straight to the point. Should I have been more gentle? Oli laughed, and looked at me, not taking me seriously. "I'm serious." I stayed sturdy. "Are you that mad about a joke?" He snorted. I started to lose my cool at that point. "A joke? What exactly was funny about it? Are you actually so insecure that you have to lie about having sex with me?" I raised my voice. He rolled his eyes, still not taking me seriously. "Chill, babe. I think you're just hungry." He laughed, walking away from me. I couldn't believe him, how have I let him treat me like this for so long? "I'm fucking serious, you piece of shit!" I snapped, throwing a pillow from the couch at him. Badass, I know. He stayed put for a second, making my whole body freeze. He turned around and walked up to me, getting right in my face. "You're not gonna raise your fucking voice at me in my house." He said, voice steady, not breaking eye contact. "I'm telling you I don't want to be with you anymore!" I yelled, my voice cracking. "You don't mean that." He tilted his head and smiled, which made me extremely uncomfortable. Scared, even. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, making me nervous. "I do." I stayed strong. Usually at this point I would've already given up, but not this time. He grinned and looked at the floor. "Is this about what I told the guys?" He asked, still not understanding what I was saying. "Oh my god! I'm leaving you because you're an awful human being, don't you get that?!" I yelled, taking a few steps away from him. I could tell by the look in his eyes, he felt very disrespected. "An awful human being? That's what you just said?" He said, walking closer to me, grabbing my wrist to bring me closer. I tried pulling away, but without succeeding. "Let me go, Oliver." I said, through my teeth. He pulled me harder towards him, other hand on my wrist, other grabbing my face. "You've always been so beautiful, babe. What a shame you're such a fucking bitch." He whispered and slapped my face. I felt intense warmth on my cheek, and a tear run down right past it. "Oh, you're crying now? How does it feel huh? Being disrespected?" I could feel a second slap on my cheek. "Let me go." I said, quietly. He looked at me, making a sad face. "You really wanna go?" He asked. I looked him in his eyes, which were so beautiful to me just a while ago, crazy how things change. "Yes." I whispered. He pushed my head to the side with his hand that was grabbing my jaw, the other hand still having a tight grip on my wrist. I tried pulling away, but he did the same. I started pulling away with my whole body weight, giving him a perfect opportunity to make me fall. And so he did, right on the corner of the coffee table. I felt the corner of my eye sting. I felt it with my hand, only to see blood. I slowly got up, not even looking at Oliver. I just walked out.

I walked down the sidewalk, probably hyperventilating. I opened my phone's front camera with my hands shaking, to look at the damage. My cheek was red, and the other half of my face was bleeding. I could feel my lip swelling, probably caused by me accidentally biting it during the fall. What the fuck just happened? What am I gonna do now? I definitely can't go home looking like this. I decided to call Cesar, not that he would be totally stoked about the situation, but he's the safest choice.

I typed in his name on my phone, and called him. "Yo." I heard. "Cesar?" I asked, trying to sound as normal as I possibly could in this situation. "Hey, how did it go with Oliver?" He asked. I took a deep breath in. "Are you alone right now? Is Oscar with you?" I asked, not wanting Oscar getting involved in this mess. "What? Are you okay?" I could instantly hear the worry in Cesar's voice. "Don't say that! Is he with you or not? I want you to be alone when I tell you." I whisper-yelled. "I'm alone. Oscar won't be home 'til midnight." Cesar said. I took a deep breath in. "Can I come over?" I burst into tears, causing my voice to crack. "Of course you can! What the hell happened?" Cesar panicked. "I'll be there soon, I'll tell you then." I said and ended the call, I was way too messed up to talk right that second, I needed a while to breathe.

I arrived at Cesar's house, seeing him already standing on the stairs, waiting for me. Seeing his expression after seeing my face made me cry uncontrollably. His face was a mix of pure worry, sadness, shock and anger. I walked up and threw myself in his arms, sobbing into his t-shirt. "It's gonna be okay, Luna. Just try to take deep breaths." He whispered while kissing my head and stroking my hair.