10. Now it's over.

I stared at my bruised appearance in the mirror, wondering what's the best way to cover it up. I had Monse, Jamal, Ruby and Cesar come over. "Put some red lipstick on it and cover it with concealer." Monse helped. I'd told them what happened, and that I didn't want to talk about it anymore. I was scared of seeing him in school, knowing he'd probably forgotten everything. I tried covering the bruise as well as I could, and you could only see the small cut on the corner of my eye. I tried seeing the good in the situation, I had finally broken up with him. Even though it could've gone way better, it was still done, we were done. I started packing my bag for school and brushed my hair. The room was quiet, which was the opposite of what I wanted. I wanted to forget what happened, and act normal. "Guys, act normal. Everything's okay, I'm okay, I promise." I said, looking at the four sitting on my bed. "Are you sure?" Ruby asked. "Yes, I'm sure. I appreciate you guys, but I just wanna move on." I smiled. Jamal stood up, and everyone following his lead, they hugged me. "We love you, girl." Monse said. "I love you too." I laughed. We left my room and left for school.

To be honest, I was hella nervous. He's probably gonna come up to me, trying to apologize.

We walked in through the school gates, and everything was normal. I saw Oliver's friend group sitting around a table, next to the doors. We walked past them, quickly. "Yo!" One of them yelled. I turned around, nervously. "Where's Oliver?" His friend asked. I looked at them, noticing Oliver's absence. "I don't know." I answered and kept walking. I knew he had his final chemistry exam today, and he wasn't gonna miss it. He had been studying like crazy for it. The day went on, and chemistry class was about to start. Oliver was nowhere to be seen. "Hi class, some of you have your exams today. For the others, I'll give you different assignments." Mr Gonzalez announced. As I was taking out my pen, there was a knock on the door. I looked at the door, and what I saw shocked me. It was Oliver, completely messed up. His lip was bruised, as was his eye, bruised and swollen shut. Oh my god. I didn't have to think long about who could've done it. I knew it was odd how calm my brother was. Fuck. Oliver sat down and grabbed a pen from his bag, grunting from the pain. My heart was beating like crazy. I wanted to leave, and so I did. "Hey, where do you think you're going?" The teacher asked me. "The bathroom." I lied, quickly leaving. I went home, trying to figure out my feelings. I understood why they did it, I'm not justifying what he did to me, but I told them I wanted to leave it. I decided to call my brother, to ask where he was. "Hey, you good? Ain't you at school?" He answered, wondering why I called. "I left. Where are you?" I asked. "I'm at Spooky's with the homies. Why you skipping school?" He sounded concerned. "I need to talk to you guys. Can you guys meet me at ours?" I asked him. "Yeah." He said, sounding like he knew what I needed to talk to him about. I arrived at my house, where Oscar and Antonio were in the living room. I walked up to them without saying a word. "So you beat him up?" I went straight to the point. Antonio sighed, but Oscar stayed quiet, and took a sip of his redbull. "Luna, you gotta understand-" Antonio said, but I interrupted him. "No, I do understand. I understand why y'all did it. But what I don't understand is why you made me feel like you weren't gonna do anything." I said. "What did you do to him?" I continued. "It doesn't matter what we did." Antonio stood up, ignoring my question. "I deserve to know." I said. "Luna, I-" Antonio started, but Oscar interrupted him. "We rolled up on that punk ass bitch and gave him what he deserved." Oscar snapped. "Now it's over." He said. I looked at Antonio, who just rubbed his face. "Look, I'm sorry, but he won't be bothering you no more." He said. I wasn't mad, I just wanted to talk. I guess he really won't be bothering me anymore, it really is over. "No one's gonna hurt my sister and get away with it." Antonio said, and sat back down. "Alright. Well thanks I guess." I said. "Now go back to school, fool." Antonio said and pointed at the door. I looked at Oscar one more time, before I left.

𝕸𝖞 𝖒𝖔𝖔𝖓 | ᴏꜱᴄᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀᴢजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें