9. Who did this?

"I'm gonna fucking kill him. I'm actually gonna kill him." Cesar said, covering his face with his palms. We sat at the kitchen table, where I told him everything. Every bit of it. After sobbing for a good 15 minutes I just felt numb, emotionally and physically after holding an ice pack on my face the whole time. "Don't" I sighed. "I swear to god if I ever see that guy, I won't think twice." He stood up. "Please, Cesar. I've had my share of angry men today, I just have to figure out what to tell Antonio." I rolled my eyes, staying seated. "He's no man, Luna. He's a little bitch!" Cesar snapped, feeling guilty about not being able to do anything about the situation. My feelings are all over the place, I could feel nothing now, but cry in a second. Cesar looked at me, and kneeled in front of me. "I'm so sorry, Luna." He whispered, sincerely. I nodded, feeling like crying again. I was just about to hug him, until I heard the door open. "Oscar." Cesar stood up. Oh my god. I fixed my hair and tried to look as normal as possible. I don't know what I was thinking, my eye already starting to bruise and all. "What the fuck?" Oscar said under his breath. He walked up to me, making me feel like crying again. He moved my hair out of my face and looked at Cesar. Cesar didn't say a word. "Who did this?" He asked, pure anger in his eyes. "It's okay, I'm okay." I didn't want to tell him, even though I knew he had an idea already. I wanted to leave Oli in the past. He looked at my injuries, and looked at Cesar again. "Imma give you one more chance to tell me before I go shoot that bitchass boyfriend of yours." Oscar said. I felt my chin starting to quiver. It wasn't Oscar's speciality to be caring and emotional, so I felt embarrassed, like a little girl. "Call Sad Eyes." I heard Oscar say to Cesar. "No!" I yelled. "Please don't, I don't want him to worry for nothing." I cried. Oscar kneeled in front of me, letting go of his tough side for a second. "Hermanos are supposed to know these things, that's what we're for. And we don't do nothing else but worry." Oscar said, eyes still sharp. "I don't want y'all to do anything to him. I broke up with him, it's over." I said. Oscar just looked at me, taking the phone from Cesar and calling my brother. I hated this, the attention, it all felt unnecessary. I didn't want people worrying about me, I wanted to be independent.

After a while, my brother came running in. I was expecting him to start yelling about what he was gonna do to Oliver, but he didn't. He just hugged me. The relief took over my body and I finally felt calm. "Te quiero, mana." He looked at me and kissed my forehead. "Let's go home." He said, and patted my head. I was surprised that he was so calm, but relieved at the same time. "Call me tomorrow, okay?" Cesar hugged me. "I will." I smiled. I looked at Spooky, he didn't say a word. Antonio opened the door for me, and we left. It's a short walk from the Diaz house to ours, so we didn't really talk much. I was exhausted, so I went straight to my room. I took an advil, and went straight to bed. I was scrolling on my phone, until I heard knocking on my door. "Yeah?" I said as Antonio walked in. "You going to sleep?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "Aight, good night." He said and started closing the door. "I'm sorry." I said, making him open the door again. "About what?" He asked. I sat up from my bed. "About lying to you about him." I wanted to be honest. "So this wasn't the first time?" He asked, staying calm. I shook my head. "But everything's fine now, I left him." I confirmed. "You don't have to say sorry." Antonio said, and closed the door. I sat there for a while until my eyes started feeling heavy.