12. Girl talk

When I came home from work, there were already people there, but I knew more were coming. I made Cesar ask Monse and Ruby to join, he's better at talking them into stuff anyway, Monse at least, they've gotten really close over the years. "Yo, Luna!" I heard my brother yell at me, so I walked over to him. "Are your friends comin'?" He asked. "Yeah, I invited a girl from work too, is that cool?" I asked. "Yeah, for sure." He answered, already a bit tipsy. I smiled at him and went inside to get ready.

Once I got out of the shower I heard my phone ring, it was Valeria. "Hi!" I answered. "Hi, I know you said I could come whenever, but I'm still gonna ask, is it okay if I come now?" Valeria asked. I sat down on my bed and looked at the time. "Yeah, you can come, I'm not ready yet though, so we'd have to hang out in my room for a bit." I laughed. "And the others will be here in about an hour." I added. "Sounds good, I'll be there soon." She laughed. "I already sent you the address, so just walk in and I'll leave my door open so you'll find my room. The party's outside, so the house should be empty for the most part." I said. "Okay, see you soon." Valeria answered and we ended the call. I was so excited to get a possible girl-friend. I mean, I have Monse, but she's mostly with the guys, especially Cesar. I should really ask them about that. I quickly picked out an outfit and ended up with a top and skirt combo which looked cute.

Just after I had put my outfit on I heard Valeria knock on the wall beside my door

Just after I had put my outfit on I heard Valeria knock on the wall beside my door. "Come in!" I said and opened the door. "Oh my god you look so good!" She instantly complimented me. "Thank you so much! You look amazing." I complimented her back. She sat down on my bed, wearing jeans and a green top. "Is there a certain someone at this party that you're looking cute for? Or is this the self love typa thing?" She asked me.

"Oh, just for myself, I just got out of a relationship." I smiled. Would it be too soon to be sharing secrets? As in Oscar secrets? I literally just met her. On the other hand, what's the worst that could happen? Girls share secrets with each other all the time.

"Okay, just wondering!" Valeria smiled and looked around my room.

"Can I tell you something? I know this is totally weird 'cause we just met, but I get good vibes from you so..." I decided to go for it. "Yeah of course! Girl to girl, we can pinky promise." She said, putting her pinky up. Oh my god, I love her. We pinky promised. "So there might be someone." I said. "Oh my god, I knew it!" She squeaked, clapping her hands together. "You can't tell anyone!" I said. "I won't, we pinky promised." She said. "So, I've had the biggest crush on Cesar's brother since I was a little girl, but he went to prison for a few years. I had a boyfriend that was literally the devil, but I broke up with him. I just can't get him off my mind." I let everything out. "Woah, is he here?" She asked. "Yeah, I didn't see him when I came home, but he should be." I said. "So Cesar doesn't know?" She asked. "He knew when we were younger, but I haven't talked about it since the whole prison thing." I said, grabbing my makeup bag. "Damn. How old is he?" She asked. "He's just two years older." I answered and started to do my makeup. "Has anything ever happened between you two?" She asked. "No, I mean, he called me cute last weekend, but I think he'll always see me as his best friend's little sister." I mumbled. "You want a beer by the way?" I asked. "In what context did he say it? And yes, a beer would be nice." She smiled. I quickly went to grab two beers from the fridge and went back into my room. "I mean, I kinda yelled at him, and when I apologized, he said that I'm lucky I'm cute." I said, looking in the mirror. "Girl! That's totally flirting!" Valeria said with a shocked expression. I paused for a second and took a sip of my beer. "You think?" I turned to her. "Yes!" She yelled. "Ugh, I don't know." I groaned and continued with my makeup. "What do you like about him?" She asked, and I could notice she was excited to talk like this, and I liked it too. I had to think for a second, and a big smile grew on my face. I've never talked about this to anyone, so it was nice to have a girl that I could gossip and talk about boys with, something that I've never had before. "Oh my god, you're whipped!" She laughed, noticing the smile on my face. "I'm not." I said. "Come on, tell me then, what do you like about him?" She asked again. "Well, first of all, he's so cute. He's tall, he's got brown eyes, and he always has an intimidating look on his face. And he has tattoos." I said, smiling like an idiot. "So he's hot, you mean." Valeria said. I turned to her, laughing. "I guess I could say that." I laughed. "He's also very protective of the people close to him, and he can be really sweet when he wants to. He doesn't talk much tho." I added. Valeria smiled. "Is it true that they're in a gang?" She asked. "Yeah. But they keep me out of it." I said. "I need to meet this mystery man." She continued the Oscar topic. "You will, as soon as I'm done." I said, lining my lips. We continued talking and drinking, it was fun. She was good at hyping me up. "Okay I'm done." I said, putting my makeup back into my makeup bag. She stood up from my bed and finished her beer. "You know what I think?" She said, grabbing my shoulders and looking at me through the mirror. "What?" I asked. "I think you should make a move." She smirked. "No way, not doing that." I shook my head. "Oh come on! You have a fire outfit on, and you look amazing. Go for it." She said. "The others will be here soon, so I wouldn't be able to do that anyways." I said. "Imagine everything that made you smile like a fool just a while ago. Wouldn't you wanna get on that?" She smiled. I thought about it all, about his eyes, his smile and his voice. "Damn. Should I?" I asked. "Yes!" She yelled. I got up and took one last look in the mirror. Even coming from me, I looked good. "Let's go!" Valeria said, pushing me out of the door. We walked outside, only to see the whole block. "Damn, your brother doesn't play when it comes to a party." Valeria said, looking around at the backyard full of people. "Welcome to Freeridge." I sighed. "So where is your man?" She asked, grabbing my arm. I looked around, trying to find him. "Oh, he's right th-" I said, noticing a girl talking to him, squeezing his arm. "Oh." Valeria sighed. She looked at me, noticing the disappointment on my face. "Hey, that doesn't mean anything!" She turned me towards her, to get her attention. We both turned back to look at him, making out with the girl. "Okay, don't look! Let's go there to wait for the others, okay?" She quickly turned to me again, and pointed at the empty table. "Okay." I said, with what felt like a rock in my stomach. We walked over to the table and sat down. "Are you okay?" Valeria grabbed my hand. "Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking." I sighed, opening another beer. "Hey, don't say that, I bet you he doesn't even know who she is." She comforted me. "You know what? We're getting fucked up tonight." I said. "I like that idea." Valeria smiled.