7.Rumor

It's been a few days since the get together at our house. I walked to school with Cesar, Ruby, Jamal, and Monse, and it was weirdly quiet. "Okay, what's up? I thought the whole Cesar situation was old news?" I finally asked, ending the silence. Even Jamal was quiet, which was definitely unusual. "It's not that." Ruby murmured. "What is it?" I stood in front of them, to stop them from walking. "Tell me!" I threw my hands in the air. "Oliver, he said some things about you." Monse said, with sadness plastered on her face. "What things?" I asked. "He told everyone that you let him hit it in Ms Ramirez' classroom after class." Jamal said quietly. I felt my stomach filling with bees. I felt nauseous. Why did he lie? "Oh." I said. "Is it true?" Ruby asked. "Dude!" Cesar poked him. "It's not." I answered, telling the truth.

Monday

"You're dismissed! Remember to return your essays to me on thursday!" Ms Ramirez said, packing her laptop in her bag. Everyone got up, leaving for lunch. "Yo, wait up, babe." Oli shouted. I walked to his seat, waiting for him. He stood up, and grabbed my waist. "I've missed you." He kissed me. "You saw me on saturday." I smiled. He laughed, going lower, kissing my neck. "What are you doing?" I asked, clearly not in the mood. "You, soon." He smirked, his hands finding their way under my shirt. "Not here!" I whispered, grabbing his hands. I'm the kind of girl who likes to keep these kinds of things private, not public. "Come on, you're freakier than that." He kissed me again. I felt bad, rejecting him. I know I have every right to, but knowing my feelings for him have faded, I felt kind of guilty. "Someone's gonna walk in." I said, pulling away. I could tell that he got irritated. "You used to be fun, you know?" He said, guilt tripping me. "I don't want to do this here." I said, looking at my hands. He let out a small laugh, turning around. "Whatever." He snapped, and walked away.

"Why are you still with him?" Monse asked. "It's none of our business, Monse." Cesar said, answering Monse. "No, it is. And to be honest, I have no idea. I've tried to break up with him, but he always gets me to take it back." I answered. Listening to myself say that, makes me want to slap myself. Why have I let this go this far? "Are you okay?" Ruby asked, referring to the rumor. "Honestly, no. I'll talk to him today." I said. "Dump his dusty ass!" Jamal said, trying to lighten up the mood. Knowing that I have so many people around me that love me, made me realize that I should do it, today. "You know what, I will." I nodded. Fuck this, I won't let him treat me this way anymore. We arrived at school and the first thing I saw was Oliver, with his friends in the hallway. I walked up to him, hearing whispering around me. "We gotta talk tonight." I said, wanting to sound as serious as possible. "You're getting a second round, bro!" I heard one of his friends say. "Yo, watch your mouth." Cesar chimed in. "It's okay." I whispered to him. "So your place at 8?" I asked Oli, who still hasn't said a word. "I'll be waiting." He smiled. God, He was such a dick. It's now or never, I have to leave him and stop making a fool of myself. I spent the whole school day wondering what I was gonna say to him, how I was going to break up with him.

After school I went home to shower, and just waited for what's about to come. I had a good plan though, I wasn't gonna bring up the rumor, I was just gonna break up with him, that's it. And stay behind my words, I won't let him twist them this time. When it was finally close to 8, I got out of my room.

"Where you going?" My brother asked me from the couch. "To Oli's, I'll be right back." I answered, putting my hoodie on. "Mhm." My brother mumbled. I opened the door and left.