2. Mood killer

"You good?" Cesar asked me, clearly concerned. "Yeah I'll be right back. I walked up to him and I was honestly terrified. It's these moments where I think why the fuck am I still with him. He looked pissed. God knows why. "Hi." I said, my voice cracking partly from fear and partly from drinking. "What are you doing here?" He asked, voice already a bit raised. I could feel eyes on me. "What do you mean? With my best friend, brother, and their friends?" I asked sarcastically. Probably shouldn't have done that. Being drunk makes me do brave things, which is not always a good thing. "Are you fucking drunk?" He raised his voice yet again and grabbed my shoulder. I know he won't hurt me in front of the Santos. He wouldn't dare. "Why are you here, Oli?" I removed his hand off my shoulder. "Because you're not answering my texts, and you're here, drunk with gang members!" He yelled. I felt my blood boiling. "Are you kidding me? This is quite literally the safest place I could be at right now." I yelled back. I heard the music get turned down a bit. God, I hate that I'm ruining the party. "Luna. Look at how you're dressed! These homies you're hanging out with are thirsty and you're basically asking for them to do you." This time he got a bit too close for public. My heart sank to my stomach. Before I could say anything I heard footsteps behind me and I noticed an uneasy look on Oliver's face.

"Yo, what the fuck did you just say?" Antonio walked and got in Oli's face. Oscar walked in front of me and grabbed me to stand behind him. I felt my nose sting and tears in my eyes.

I was so angry at myself for ruining the night with my problems.

"It's all good bro, I'm sorry." I heard Oli stutter. "I ain't your bro, get the fuck out of here." Antonio pushed Oli off the yard. I've seen him like this only a few times, he didn't want me to see this version of him. I hated that now he had seen this part of Oli. It was my secret.

I saw Oli walk away, clearly scared, but not scared enough for him to regret his words. My brother turned to me and gestured Oscar to go back to the party. "Are you good mana?" He asked with a concerned look on his face. "Yeah I'm totally fine, it's okay!" I lied trying to make the situation as small as possible. "Has he ever yelled at you like that before?" Antonio asked. "No, never. I think he was drunk and probably had a bad day." I laughed, lying yet again. "Okay, promise to tell me if he ever talks to you that way again." He said, hugging me. "I promise." I said. Shit.