14. Who's the guy?

We stood beside the table, looking at the people that were left at the party. I saw my brother chilling with Santos, so of course Oscar was there. "Let's go there for a sec." I said, pointing to where they were. "Girl, I'm scared." Valeria whispered while we were walking. I just laughed. "Yoooooo!" My brother smiled, taking me under his arm. He was drunk, but not as drunk as some of them were. "Hi." I laughed. "This is Valeria, she just started working at the grill, she's gonna sleep over." I introduced Valeria. "Damn, how old are you?" Joker said. He could be kind of a jerk when drunk. "Yo, watch it." Antonio said to him. "It's nice to meet you." Antonio reached his hand out to Valeria. I was proud to have such a cool brother. "Nice to meet you too." Valeria said shyly, shaking his hand. I looked over to Oscar, who hadn't said a word. "Did your friends leave already?" Antonio turned his eyes back at me. "Did your friends leave already? He asked. "Yeah, they told me to thank you for the party, by the way." I smiled. I looked over to Valeria, and she was yawning. "I think we're gonna go to sleep, gotta wake up early for work tomorrow." I said. "Aight, goodnight, love you." Antonio said and lit a cigarette. 

We walked inside and I told Valeria to go straight to my room, and I'd bring us something to eat. While I was getting some leftovers out of the fridge, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Oscar. "Hi." I greeted, but continued what I was doing. "Who's the guy?" He asked. Oh my god. "What guy?" I played dumb. "The guy that was all up on ya." He continued. "Why do you care?" I stopped what I was doing and looked at him. "Why you being stupid? This ain't like you." He frowned. Hmm, maybe 'cause I can't stop thinking about you. Maybe 'cause I'd rather not talk to you at all than talk to you with this weight on my chest. "Who's the girl then?" I changed the spotlight on him. He chuckled under his breath and shook his head. "That has nothin' to do with this." He said. "What exactly is this? Why are you asking me this?" I asked, pointing my finger at him. "I'm just sayin', if Sad Eyes would've seen you grindin' on him like that, he would've gone crazy." He said, calmly. "Nah, just you." I said, knowing I'd poked the bear. "You're drunk, you don't know what you're sayin'." He looked at me, with a serious expression. He was right, I was drunk, but not too drunk, and just drunk enough to be a bitch. I walked closer to him, and stood in front of him, looking him right in the eyes. "Why you going crazy, huh?" I annoyed him. His eyes were serious, brows furrowed. It was hard for me to stay strong, when all I wanted was him. "I ain't going crazy, don't talk to me like that." He said. Did my words actually bother him? Did I actually bother him? Normally he doesn't let anyone annoy him. "Is it 'cause I'm Antonio's sister? Is it 'cause I'm just an innocent, precious flower that needs to be protected?" I looked up at him. He didn't say a word, his eyes were intimidating though, like they could burn a hole through my head. Hot though. Damn liquor makes me brave. "Let me tell you something, I'm not." I whispered to him, angrily. "You don't know what you're saying." Oscar said, shifting his eyes away from me. I knew for a fact that I'd want to sink into the ground tomorrow, but for now the alcohol in my body is making me do things I'd never do. "Just go back to your ruca." I gave up and walked away from him. While I heated up the leftovers Oscar looked at me for a while. "Why you so mad?" He asked, making me even more frustrated. I don't even know why I felt this way, he hadn't done anything wrong. "I'm not mad." I answered. "I'm just lookin' out for you, so nobody hurts you." He whispered, and walked away. I watched him leave, with my eyes teary, and my mind foggy.