18. We're gonna have fun tonight.

"I'm guessing y'all had fun." My brother said when I walked through the door. "Yeah sorry, I didn't notice the time." I said. I didn't know how my brother would feel about me hanging out with his best friend, but something in me knew it may not be good. "Did you walk home?" He asked, making me freeze for just a second. "No, Oscar actually gave me a ride." I smiled, just in case he saw the car. "Good." Antonio said, and walked to his bedroom. I kind of felt bad even though nothing happened, Oscar did a nice gesture, that's all, but I felt like I was hiding something from my brother.

After I woke up I realized I had completely forgotten about my brother's plans for the night, and I got excited to get a reason not to study. I sat in the living room with a bowl of cereal, and some random show I was watching on tv. I saw my brother come out of his bedroom, and walk past me. "Good morning sunshine." I said, sarcastically. "How are you in such a good mood?" He walked up to the couch I was on, and sat down. "Why wouldn't I be, we have a party tonight!" I grinned. "We still gotta be careful, Prophets have been around." He said, taking the bowl of cereal out of my hands. I watched him start to eat, and realized that Oscar really had gotten my mind elsewhere, I had completely forgotten about the whole situation. "Oh shit." I whispered. "It's all good, don't worry about it." He said, realizing I had forgotten about it, and giving me back my cereal. "We're gonna have fun tonight." He got up, and ruffled my hair. It had been nice to forget for a while, and just think about the night I had. It felt like a dream, something I had wished for since I was a kid, an actual conversation with Oscar. I kept going over it in my head, not being able to help the smile growing on my face. I was a bit nervous about seeing him tonight, knowing he would probably go back to not speaking to me.

The night got closer, and I had gotten out of the shower, so I was just about to start blow drying my hair in front of my mirror. I heard a knock on my door, knowing it to be Cesar. "Come in!" I yelled. Cesar walked in, and crashed on my bed. "Go get a beer from the fridge, and bring one for me too." I shut off my blow dryer, so he could hear me. He got up and went into the kitchen. I felt nervous, knowing Oscar was probably outside, even though I've seen him almost everyday for as long as I can remember, if you don't count the years he was gone. I didn't know how I felt about my feelings, knowing I had gotten pretty good at hiding them through the years, but now I felt like I had never taught myself how to control them. Cesar came back, handing me a beer, and sitting back on the bed. He was on his phone, letting me finish drying my hair. When I was done, I walked in front of my closet. "What should I wear?" I asked. "Does it matter?" Cesar questioned, keeping his eyes on his phone. "Who are you texting?" I asked, with a teasing tone. "No one." He replied. "It's not no one if you can't help me with my outfit." I said. "It's Monse." Cesar sighed. "Oooo!" I laughed. "Still not ready to talk about it." He said, finally looking at me. "Fine." I rolled my eyes, turning back to my closet. I grabbed a black top and jeans, and put them on, knowing Cesar had his eyes glued to his phone screen. I sat in front of my desk and started doing my makeup. After I was done with my base, Cesar finally put his phone down, and sat up on the bed. "How about your love life, anyone I don't know about?" He asked. For a second I thought about coming clean about my feelings for Oscar, but for some reason I kept my mouth shut. "Nope, nothing." I said, keeping my eyes on the mirror. "Would you like to have someone?" He continued. "I don't know, I'm just taking it day by day, seeing where the wind takes me." I said, focused on fixing my eyebrows. "Right." Cesar said. "Do you think it'd be a bad idea for friends to get together, hypothetically?" He asked, making me look at him through the mirror. "Well, hypothetically, I don't think so. There's nothing bad about loving someone." I smiled, knowing what he meant. "I know you didn't wanna talk about it, but I think you should tell her about your feelings, if you haven't already." I added, looking at an adorable Cesar. "Okay, thanks." Cesar said.

We started hearing music get louder and louder outside, which meant that the party had started. I started doing the rest of my makeup and chugged the rest of my beer, wanting to have fun tonight.