Chapter 6

The first period has ended and Jack was glad that it did. He headed to his locker to get his stuff for the other classes. While doing so, Zill walked towards Jack.

Zill: What's up Jack?

Jack: The sky. What do you want?

Zill: I was gonna ask you why you didn't join the call we had yesterday.

Jack: I was too tired. Besides, I didn't want to make my headache worse.

Zill: Oh. Forgot about that.

Jack: You're okay. I'm feeling better now.

Zill: That's good to know.

Jack: I'm glad my locker is close to my first class.

Zill: Me too.

While getting the stuff from their lockers, they heard a familiar voice.

Rusty: If it isn't the bad luck charm of Safe Haven. How's life going for you, scaredy cat?

Zill: Rusty, leave him alone.

Rusty: Please. As if you can do anything about it.

Zill: I said back off.

Rusty: Or what? What are you gonna do about it?

Zill: You little-.

Zill was stopped by Jack who had an emotionless expression. He felt as if Jack had murder in his mind.

Jack: Let me handle this.

Zill: Dude. Are you serious?

Jack just looked at Zill and he backed off. He wiped a sweat drop from his head. Jack walked to Rusty without hesitation.

Rusty: Looks like the coward finally wants to fight.

Rusty turned his hand into a fist and threw a punch at Jack. When the punch landed, Jack gave no response. Rusty was shocked and removed his fist from Jack's face

Jack: Please. Is that all you got?

Rusty: Why do you have no reaction?

Jack didn't say anything and lifted up his hand. He turned it around and gave Rusty a backhand. He fell to the ground and looked at Jack.

He got up and Jack grabbed his jacket to stop him. He threw Rusty towards the lockers and he coughed up five drops of blood. He landed on the ground and was very weak.

Jack slowly walked towards him and Zill tried to stop Jack.

Zill: Jack, stop this.

Jack: I never thought you would protect him.

Jack kicked Zill in the stomach and continued walking to Rusty. He grabbed his neck and picked him up.

Jack: Just be lucky I'm not choking you to death.

Rusty: Jack, please. I'm sorry.

Jack: A sorry won't do shit.

Jack was about to hit Rusty when he was stopped by another voice.

Zech: Jack, stop this.

Jack let go of Rusty and he fell to the ground. He noticed Zill next to Zechariah.

Zech: Come with me to my office.

Jack: You gotta be kidding me.

Jack walked towards Zech and they both headed to his office. Zill ran over to Rusty and helped him up.

Zill: You okay Rusty?

Rusty: Why do you care?

Zill: I know you're not bullying Jack for no reason. Let's get you to the nurse's office.

Zill helped Rusty to the nurse and Jack sighed. Zech looked at the ground and stopped. Jack was confused and Zech turned around to face Jack.

Jack: I thought we were heading to your office.

Zech: I've changed my mind. Head to your second class.

Jack: Why? I beat Rusty up.

Zech: I know. There are times when you have to fight someone in order to let them know they're messing with the wrong person.

Jack: What do you mean?

Zech: He's been in the office a lot. I was hoping someone would teach him a lesson.

Jack: You're gonna let me go just like that?

Zech: Yes Jack. I will let you mother know about this though.

Jack: Okay. I understand. See you later sir.

Before Jack could head to his second class, Zech stopped him.

Zech: In exchange for you not getting sent to my office, you have one thing to do.

Jack: What's that?

Zech: Find out why Rusty bullies you. Then, you let me know what you found out.

Jack: If his story is bad, I'll get him an appointment with Cameron.

Zech: Do what you have to do Jack. Please make sure he turns his life around.

Jack: I will do what I have to do sir.

Zech: All I ask is for you to do your best. Now, head to class. You don't wanna be late.

Jack: See you later sir.

Zech: Bye Jack.

Zech headed to his office and smiled. He was happy to know Jack would be the one to change Rusty's life for the better no matter what.