Chapter 34

About 4 hours pass and Jack has been done with Rusty's math homework. Rusty was laying on Jack's bed and yawning. Jack looked at him and got up.

Jack sat down on his bed and petted his head. Rusty noticed Jack next to him.

Rusty: Are you done with my homework?

Jack: I've been done. I didn't want to say anything.

Rusty: Hm. Well, I'm tired. Are you gonna go to sleep with me?

Jack: Sure. I just need a minute.

Jack got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom. He looked at the mirror and rubbed his eyes. He put his hand on the mirror and sighed.

Jack: Was it a good idea to ruin Zill's relationship with Kayla?

Orion: Of course it was.

Jack: I feel so bad.

Orion: I know Jack. But, he was gonna be a bad boyfriend anyway.

Jack: I know. I don't know why I feel bad. Maybe I am just used to being a good friend. Whatever it is, I feel bad.

Orion: I know you do. But, don't worry.

Orion went back in Jack's body. Jack left the bathroom and went back in his room. He got on the bed and slept next to Rusty.

He slept on his back patted Rusty's head. Rusty looked at Jack and laid on his side. He bonked Jack's nose and he woke up.

Jack: Did I do something wrong?

Rusty: Why are you not cuddling with me? You do know we are dating.

Jack: I'm sorry. I'm just tired. Do you wanna sleep on me?

Rusty: Sure.

Rusty laid down on his stomach and on top of Jack. His hands wrapped around his shoulders and Jack put his hands on Rusty's waist. Rusty giggled and kissed Jack on the cheek.

Rusty: I am lucky to be with a handsome boy like you.

Jack: Same.

Rusty: You really thought of me like that? You are so kind.

Jack: Heh. I guess I just had something in my mind.

Rusty: You had something on your mind?

Jack: Yeah. I was the person that ruined Zill's relationship.

Rusty: That's why Kayla is with someone else?

Jack: Yeah. The red jackal that you've seen at the drama theatre is my cousin. His name is Damian.

Rusty: Oh yeah. I remember. He sang with Kayla on that stage.

Jack: Yeah. Now, they are officially dating. I wonder how things are going over there. He did say he was gonna bring Kayla over to spend the night with him.

Rusty: I hope things are good over there.

Jack: I hope so too.

Jack looked at the time and saw it was 9:15 pm.

Jack: It's time to go to sleep. Goodnight Ruben.

Rusty: Goodnight Jack.

He kissed Jack on the cheek and they both closed their eyes to go to sleep. With Drake, he had been watching TV with Mindy. He decided to see how Jack was doing.

He got up from the couch and Mindy noticed.

Mindy: Where are you headed?

Drake: I'm just checking on Jack. I'll be back. Where is Jack's room?

Mindy: At the end of the hall.

Drake: Thank you.

Mindy: You're welcome.

Drake began walking down the hall and slowly opened Jack's door. He saw Jack and Rusty hugging each other while sleeping. He smiled and realized the cover wasn't over them.

He walked over while trying not to make a noise. He put the blanket over them except for their heads. He patted Jack's shoulder and walked out of Jack's room.

He decided to head into the bathroom for a moment. He looked in the mirror and remembered something that happened before he died.

Drake: I'm sorry Jessica. I didn't want to, but I had no choice.

Drake shed a tear, but wiped it off. He opened the bathroom door and Mindy was on the other side. She had a concerned look on her face.

Drake: Hi Mindy. Can I help you with anything?

Mindy: No. I overheard you talking to yourself and it sounded like you have something going on.

Drake: I'm fine.

Mindy: Listen. You're not okay. I can tell. Is there something you need to get off your chest?

Drake: Are you sure I can tell you?

Mindy: Yes. You can tell me.

Drake: Will you promise to not tell Jack for now?

Mindy: I won't. You can trust me.

Drake: Ok. Thank you.

Mindy: You're welcome. How about we talk about this in the living room.

Mindy walked with Drake to comfort him in the living room.