Chapter 31

Zill arrived at his house and was about to walk in his house. He felt a hand touch his shoulder and he turned around as fast as he could. He didn't see anyone behind him so he turned around.

As soon as he turned around, he saw Gray Skull also known as Jack. Zill tried to land a punch, but Jack caught it. He punched Zill in the chest and he fell to his knees.

Gray Skull grabbed the key from under the mat and unlocked the door. He opened it and lightly threw Zill in the house. Zill got up and Jack closed the door behind him.

Jack: Using the old key under the doormat? You really have to do better than that.

Zill: Why should I listen to you?

Jack: Oh please. That same key could fall between the floorboard of the porch. You should know this. Although, it is very rare.

Zill tried to kick him, but he grabbed his leg. Jack sighed in disappointment and elbowed his shin. He then tossed him towards the couch.

Zill: Is that all the strength you have?

Jack: No. I'm just holding back. I plan on using my full strength someday.

Zill got up and tried to throw another punch. Jack caught it and made Zill hit himself. Zill made a ball of energy and threw it at Jack.

But, he absorbed it and shrugged his shoulders.

Jack: Are you done or do I have to knock some sense into you?

Zill: You're not here to fight?

Jack: No. I'm here to tell you something. You see, Jack has told me about how you went from his first friend to a guy that wouldn't hang out with him.

Zill: I know. I've been asking Kayla on dates a lot.

Jack: That single sentence you siad proved how much you try for her. You ask her out on a date 3 times a week. Even if you don't, you still hang out with her.

Zill looks down at the ground feeling guilty for being a bad friend. Jack walks to him and pats his shoulder. Before Zill could stop him, Jack was gone.

He teleported back to his house and sat back down.

Drake: Where were you?

Jack: I had to pay someone a visit. Hold on.

Jack teleported away from the living room and Drake looked at Orion.

Drake: So, that's one of his powers?

Orion: Yeah. I was the most powerful villain before I died.

Jack teleported back in the living room and sat back down.

Jack: I just had to take off my coat, mask, and hat. I hid them under my bed. So, what were you guys talking about while I was gone?

Drake and Orion looked at each other and Jack didn't like the atmosphere.

Jack: Was it something bad? I can't tell because I feel like I can't breathe.

Drake: Well, I was talking to Orion about how your day with Rusty was going. He can hear and see everything from your perspective.

Orion: Do you remember what Autumn said about that drawing?

Jack: Yeah. Why do you ask?

Drake: Well, he wanted you to find it and take a picture of it.

Jack: No. I'm not gonna invade his privacy.

Drake: Well, I guess I'll just leave.

Jack: No. They could be looking for you.

Drake: Please. Lucifer's guards? They don't even know I'm here in Safe Haven.

Jack: Right. But, you do need a place to stay.

Drake: You're right. But, you have to find that specific drawing Autumn was talking about and take a picture of it.

Jack: Do I have to?

Drake: Yes.

Jack: Fine. It would be some miracle if Rusty just randomly knocked on the door while mom was home. I doubt that would happen.

Orion: You can't be too sure.

Drake: I mean, it is a fifty fifty. You never know.

Jack: Heh. Maybe.

Then, they heard the door unlock and Orion quickly got back into Jack's body. The door opened and it was Mindy. Before she locked the door back, she saw Jack and covered her mouth.

She had a tear going down her face and Jack stood up. He had his arms open for a hug and she hugged him.

Mindy: I'm so sorry for what I did. Please forgive me.

Jack: Don't worry. I forgive you.

Mindy: Thank you.

She let go and saw Drake.

Jack: Mom, this is Drake. Drake, this is my mom.

Drake: It's nice to meet you.

Mindy: Same here.