Chapter 16

Spam and Vanexa were hanging out underneath a cherry tree in the park. Vanexa was busy reading while Spam was up and about. He decided to collect some flowers for her.

Spam: I think she likes roses. I'll get at least 10 of them.

He rushed off to find 10 roses for Vanexa. She looked up from her book and wondered where he was headed. Before she could look back at her book, Spam walked towards her and sat down.

Spam: I didn't know what kind of flowers you liked, so I got you roses.

Vanexa had a blush on her face and grabbed the flowers. She kissed him on his cheek and Spam also blushed. He knew then that roses were he favorite flowers.

Vanexa: Thank you Spam.

Spam: You're welcome. I just didn't know what flowers you liked though.

Vanexa: I guess you found out then.

Spam: I guess I could say that. I wonder how Jack is doing.

Vanexa: Me too. He didn't show up at the theatre earlier.

Spam: I hope he's okay. Let me call Zill and see if he knows.

Spam dialed Zill's number and waited for him to answer.

Zill: Hello?

Spam: Hi Zill. How are you?

Zill: Oh hey Spam. I'm doing alright.

Spam: Still going through the breakup?

Zill: Yeah, but I'm glad Kayla is finally dating Damian.

Spam: You're getting better?

Zill: Getting there. So, what do you need?

Spam: I was wanting to know what happened to Jack because you two have the last class together.

Zill: Jack had an out of control moment. He talked about how I was a terrible friend to him.

Spam: He did?

Zill: Yeah. I can't blame him. We haven't been hanging out with him a lot.

Spam: We should have been better to him. Are we gonna be able to apologize to him?

Zill: I don't know, but be careful. He's not himself anymore.

Spam: I will. I'll talk to you later Zill.

Zill: Okay. Take care now.

Spam hung up and sighed. Vanexa had a worried look on her face.

Vanexa: What's wrong?

Spam: Zill said Jack was out of control in the fourth class.

Vanexa: Why would he act like that?

Spam: Well, Zill said it was because he was a terrible friend to Jack.

Vanexa: I feel bad for Jack. I mean imagine the pain he felt.

Spam: Imagine Having bad luck for 17 years and suffering every day because of it. I can't imagine how Jack smiles while dealing with it.

Vanexa: The fact he's immortal really hurts me to see him like that too. I wish there was a way to save him.

Spam: I do too. But, I doubt there's much we can do.

Vanexa amd Spam thought about the times that Jack had suffered from his curse. They both felt bad for him and wanted to help him.

Spam: I think we should get home. We don't wanna ruin the moment.

Vanexa: Yeah. Let's go.

They both got and before Spam headed home, Vanexa grabbed his arm and Spam looked at her.

Vanexa: Is it okay if you walked me home today?

Spam: Oh yeah. Good thing you live close by.

Spam and Vanexa started walking by to her house. She lived at least 8 yards away. Vanexa blushed while they were walking home.

Suddenly, she grabbed Spam's hand and didn't notice. He looked down and smiled. Spam grabbed Vanexa's hand and she blushed even more.

They continued walking in silence until they arrived at Vanexa's house. When they arrived, she let go of his hand and looked away.

Vanexa: Thank you for walking me home today.

Spam: You're welcome Vanexa. Oh, I almost forgot.

Spam gave Vanexa a kiss on her cheek and she heavily blushed. She rushed inside the house and shut door. He smiled and headed back home.

He continued walking home and thought about how cute Vanexa looked. He arrived home and decided to sit down on the front porch for a bit. He was happy that Vanexa had a crush on him.

Then, he noticed it was starting to rain. He was lucky the front porch was covered. No rain could get to him.

Spam: Today was a good day for me. Maybe for Vanexa too.

He was thinking about if he should ask Vanexa to be his girlfriend. He wasn't afraid because he knew she like him back.

Spam: I guess I can ask her tomorrow.

He decided to walk in the house for the day.