Vol 1. Streaming (3)

Daniel stared at the alcohol and knife placed before him for a moment. Just as the story flows, Gangnam landlord plays Zoe's stream on his phone. You sighed, looking out of the window to avoid looking at this Gangnam guy. He was the type of person you'd hate the most.

Daniel quietly checked out the items and quickly called the police, just like in the story. It was now your turn to feign innocence.

"Daniel? Why are you suddenly calling-"

"Zoe. He has Zoe on his phone."

He says in a serious tone. You know that, he probably won't dial Vasco as he did in the story due to your interference. Since you beat Jiho's bullies instead of him. He suddenly grabbed you by the shoulders.

"Listen M/n, I don't know why, but i feel like Zoe's in danger..!"

You stared at him for a second and then quickly stood up.

"Then we have no time do we?"

You grabbed Daniel's hand and ran out the convenience store dragging him. He was a bit slow so you adjusted to his pace a bit.

"Wh-Where are we going?"

Daniel huffed as he ran next to you, not letting go of your hand. You stopped running and chuckled nervously and let go of his hand.

"You were right Daniel."

You both widened your eyes to see that Gangnam guy ask Zoe directions, holding a knife behind his back. Daniel stared in shock, and your blood was boiling. You really hated that Gangnam guy, like a lot. You grit your teeth and closed your eyes to calm yourself down.

The moment you opened your eyes, Daniel seems to have rushed in to help Zoe. He successfully punched the knife out of the guy's hand and you came in to kick the Gangnam guy right away. He flew to the wall and collapsed to the floor. You really couldn't get used to this new strength of yours.

"Wh-What are you guys.. Zoe is mine!"

He crawled to pick up the knife. He probably knew fighting the both of you bare handed wasn't a good idea. Though it wouldn't work against you.

You stepped on his hand which reached for the knife. You lifted him up by grabbing his hair and repeatedly punched the guy, who started bleeding from the head. You felt like vomiting from the strong stench of blood, and threw him on the ground.

By the time the police had arrived, he was knocked out. Collapsed on the floor.
You stared at him, and then at the blood at your hands. You actually knocked him right out before he could get started on his dialogue. Well, not like he deserved to say it.

"W-Wait! Please save him!"

As you expected, the disabled father of the culprit came crawling on top of a skateboard. Pitifully begging you guys to save him.

Daniel looked at you hesitantly. And you stayed silent. Everyone of you could hear the police sirens nearing as the man cried out for help and forgiveness.

You smiled and crouched down to the man.

"Your son just tried to attack a teenage girl. You expect us to forgive him?"

The man looked truly horrified, but even so, his son was the only one he had. He crawled to your feet and grabbed it, with tears on his eyes.

"No..! Please! He's my only son... Don't do this!"

You sighed, and gently held the old man's hand.

"Mister. Even so, I cannot forgive a guy like that."

You felt like trash. That bitch's father did nothing wrong. He took his father's money and used them to donate money to a fucking streamer.

The worst of the worse.

You wouldn't ever do that to your family, if they cared about you as much as the old man did.

The old man widened his eyes, looking down in regret. He was powerless. His son indeed did wrong. He couldn't refute you. You noticed the police sirens getting closer, and quickly got up to leave.

"See, little Daniel. You can fight."

You left the scene with those words, Daniel couldn't pursue you due to Zoe who was about to burst into tears. A few seconds later, the police cars had already arrived. Cornering them and questioning them. That Gangnam landlord guy was successfully apprehended, with Daniel comforting the crying girl.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After that incident, Zoe quit Paprika for good. She returned the disabled man all the money that Gangnam landlord had sent her, and she seems to have fallen for pig- i mean small Daniel too. Zoe stuck with you too, always clinging to your arms in school.

The strangest thing though, is that Yui openly started showing her interest in you. And you dont get her at all. She wasn't even beaten in the first place, and you didn't save her either. So what's her deal?

And so, the Paprika incident smoothly came to an end. Daniel seemed a bit troubled the first few days, but returned to his bright self.

.

.

.

.

.

.