Vol. 2 Gangbuk (1)

"Are you sure you want to drop out? It's just... It's a shame."

The teacher hesitated, trying his best to convince you to stay.

"I'm sorry teacher."

You said, shaking your head.

You've already made your decision.

You won't go anywhere near the people you care about, ever again. You will only focus on preventing incidents, and disappear afterwards.

Why?

You didn't want to risk it.

Having Vasilyev take control of your body and injuring the people dear to you.

You would have some closure if someone stronger than Vasilyev could put him in his place, but Vasilyev was almost invincible.

And you doubt Ilya would want to be with you 24/7 just to prevent Vasilyev.

You also realised that surprisingly, Vasilyev's memories often returned to you right after Vasilyev leaves your body. And those memories were mostly about fighting techniques.

Though it takes you about a week to actually recall what he did when you were unconscious.

As you walked out of the school, you took one final look at it.

You'd miss it.

Your memories, with Mira, Eli, Daniel, Zoe.. All of them.

You thought about it, hard.

It would've been good if the only keyword for Vasilyev was 'scolded'. But it seems not, as you recalled that the orb had said there were multiple keywords.

From this point on, you won't ever meet with them as friends from school ever again.

You sighed, continuing to walk with a saddened look on your face before bumping into someone.

Ah. This smell.

You could feel your tears welling up already.

It would've been nice if it was Zack or something, but of all people, it was Eli.

The one you'd missed the most after you left.

You felt a tinge of guilt rush over you, remembering the bouquet of flowers you were holding when you came back to consciousness the day Vasilyev had beaten Logan.

It was from Eli. The letter inside it, wishing you a peaceful recovery.

You didn't know what the hell happened between Eli and Vasilyev for that bouquet to enter your hands, so you were actually worried about Eli.

Panicking, you quickly checked up on his face as he had an unreadable expression.

You scanned him up and down, looking for any bruises in him.

Though you were surprised to see that he wasn't injured in anyway.

You sighed in relief. Thank god.

But, you were weirded out.

Vasilyev left him alone and just casually accepted the bouquet? You couldn't imagine it.

"... Thank god you're fine.."

You offered Eli a smile, but Eli just stared with a nonchalant expression.

"..Huh."

Eli scoffed, before walking past you.

Leaving you a bit bewildered.