Vol 1. Friend

Yesterday, one event led to another, and now you were sleeping right next to Eli, with Yenna on the middle. You were supposed to leave until the rain started pouring really bad, and it turned out Eli had no umbrellas at the moment. So he invited you to stay the night. And lended you some of his clothes, since yours was all dirty from the fight you and Gun had. You insisted to sleep on the couch but he wouldn't let you, and he wouldn't let you sleep alone with Yenna on the bed either. So here you were.

You didn't really think Eli was this handsome. You technically did but, seeing his looks in real life exceeded your expectation. You stared at the asleep Eli, his cotton candy hair was more messed up than the usual oval shape. His individual strands which matched his skin tone was really appealing to look at.

Not to mention, those eyes were pretty. Even when they're closed. Then you looked down at Yenna, holding back a a chuckle from how cutely she was snoring. She'd lie with her face flat on the bed, snoring really cutely. You grinned, it was strangely comforting. And you were quickly getting sleepy as well, you'd normally struggle to sleep at night. First thing you've noticed about Vasilyev the moment you got reincarnated was that he had insomnia.

Though the house was cramped, and the house didn't have soundproof walls, it was nice. It had the familiarity you didn't know you were longing for ever since you got this body.

Dazed. You were looking at the father and daughter. A poor, yet warm family. Eli blinked, opening his eyes. His eyelashes were fluttering, looking straight at you. The moonlight shone on his face as his bold eyes were deemed gentle by the soft light.

"What the... You're still awake?"

He asked, rubbing his eyes. You put your index finger to your mouth, shushing him.

"Yenna's still asleep."

You quietly whispered as you smiled at the snoring child. Eli froze. He chuckled lightly, gently putting the blanket back on the child. She seemed to have kicked it down during her sleep.

Eli stared at you, seeming to be troubled with something. Yet you had no idea what he could possibly feel troubled about. Ah. Maybe the fact that you fainted right after Vasco came in the fight today? That was embarrassing.

You repositioned yourself, looking at the ceiling. You took a deep breath, slowly closing your eyes.

"Thank you for letting me stay." You said in hushed tones.

Eli raised a brow, probably caught off guard by your sudden expression of gratitude.

"I voted for you to fight you, but i didn't expect that it would lead me to where I am right now." You added, Eli glanced at you and chuckled in agreement.

"When I first saw you, I thought you were a pervert." He said.

Ouch.

"I kinda understand why you'd think that."

You smiled, though you felt like punching a wall at your actions today. Voting for another guy at a slave auction, introducing yourself as his date, asking for a fight, forcing him to hide with you behind a car and covering his mouth on top of that; and to add a cherry on top, you fainted like a coward in front of Vasco. You clenched your fist as you recalled those memories. It was more embarrassing than you'd initially thought.

"But, you didn't vote that much today just to fight me... Right..?"

He asked, looking concerned at your pocket. You chuckled in response, glancing back at him.

"You're right. I didn't." You replied. And he raised his eyebrow with a curious glance.

"Then why?" He asked, his full attention now onto you. You stroked your nonexistent beard, looking up at the ceiling.

"You don't have any friends. Do you?"

Eli widened his eyes, tilting his head in confusion. Trying to process where this was going.

"I deem those in the beauty department to be my friends."

"But they're not really your friends am I right? They're your fans."

He couldn't find a reply for that. He stayed quiet for a moment, biting his lip.

"So you technically voted me to tell me I have no friends?" He asked. In an annoyed tone. Which made you choke on your own spit. You sat up from your sleeping position started coughing uncontrollably, and he quickly sat up alongside you as well; patting your back as he offered you a glass of water.

Your coughing stopped and you sighed, Eli was still patting your back. Helping you drink down the water with a concerned look on his face.

"I didn't mean it like that.." You finally replied.

"I thought it'd be fun having a rainbow haired friend."

You said in hushed tones, your voice fading into the background as you wiped your lips. Ah. Fuck. This is fucking embarrassing. You just admitted to wanting to be his friend. You glanced at Eli, who you thought was going to laugh at you. Though, his eyes were widened. His voice a bit hitched.

"Can I?..."

He asked you hesitantly. You chuckled.

Eli was the type of guy who believed he would bring misfortune to anyone close to him. Normally, he'd just have laughed this matter off. But he couldn't help but hope. You who overpowered gun during the fight... Maybe.. Just maybe. It would be okay if it was you.

"Obviously."

Hiatus announcement

I appreciate the time readers have spent reading this story, though I'll have to stop publishing chapters for now in order to study for my entrance exams, a new chapter will be posted on 8th January.