7] I.....am Sorry

Jungkook's pov:

He wasn't showing expressions. Any expressions. Nah. Nada. But then his voice was something that I could feel and understand. And what I understood was, he was irritated.

I wasn't still in the correct view of it but as an idea, he was irritated.

" So you are telling me that you can't eat spicy food and hate coffee." I asked staring at him with mortification.

We were now in the Sweet Lava restaurant , sitting at the most corner -away from the entrance-of the restaurant with me having a cup of Iced Americano and him with Strawberry milkshake.

He was making me doubt my instincts.

" Yes. And if we have such different liking in food how are we supposed to like each other?" he asked with a deep and silky voice. God! I had to do something for my liking for his voice.

" Hmm. but then what are we supposed to do ? We can't cancel our marriage like you said. And if you hate me that much you can tell that to your parents....or mine?" I wasn't afraid of my father anymore. Not because I had turned strong but because I had got used to his beatings and violence. But now I was afraid for my mother.

Taehyung owned a company that helped our country in many ways and he was also one of the most richest man that existed in Korea so that greed of becoming his in-law had made my father see some moments of future which might not be even possible , in the first place.

" So....do you want to call off the marriage?"

His eyes stared right through me as I asked the question. " No. But I can't let our life ruin like that."

I moved forward and leaned my body closer to his, hovering on the table. " Why? Why don't you want to call off the marriage?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

" Because I have no choice." He said irritatingly. His eyes had turned dark till then and I could feel him getting angry.

" Hmm, but then what do you want me to do? Do you want me to eat less spicy and leave my coffee?"

" Of course not. I am not that rude and narcissist ." He said making me chuckle in disbelief.

" Huh! Do you think that I would do it for you? " I asked. What was he thinking. I wasn't his slave or something.

" I. never. said. that." He gritted out glaring at me. " Listen , We are different and we can't help it but the way you talk to me .... you should make sure of it. I don't like reckless behavior." His eyes burning right through me and I saw something, something scary.

I gulped and felt myself getting consumed in some flashbacks.

I nodded hesitantly. " I am...sorry."

" hmm." He smirked.

wait - The first expression that I saw on his was this? A smirk. That too scary! Now I had to do something to save myself . I couldn't let my life waste in fear living around shitty people.

" W-what's with that look?" I asked confused of his sudden mood change. Was he some psychotic maniac suffering from bi-polar personality disorder.

" Nothing." He said dryly and huffed out a breath getting back to his previous unreadable face. His activity made me suffocate. I felt that I had made him angry.

' If we kept on acting like that we might be just like my parents did. Understanding each other is a must , so to save myself I had to listen to him and make sure to never make him angry.'

" Taehyung , can I ask something?" I asked getting a little nervous. The flood of past and hurtful memories running through the back of my brain. Suddenly , I felt as if I had to respect him or he would lash out at me or maybe get violent....physically.

' No. leave him! Let him go!! He is just a child.' A woman screamed laying on the ground covered in bruises , blood and burnt marks. She was in pain , pain of continuous beating and torture. She wasn't able to lift her body due to the immense pain and wounds.

' Please~ please let him go.' She requested whimpering and crying in pain.

But the man being too cruel and maniac , he took the hot iron rod and traced it close but far enough to not burn the child's skin.

' D-dad. I a-am sorry' The child stuttered out standing still in the hold of his father. ' You are sorry for what? Tell me! Sorry for what!!!' The man yelled but the child was quiet. what could he even say? He never knew what he had done to make his father angry.

' See. You never know why you are sorry! ' with that the man placed the rod on the soft 11 year old skin making the child cry and scream in pain. That boy tried everything and anything to get lout of his father's tight hold but nothing happened. He wriggled and cried his eyes out feeling the rod burn through his skin and hurt his entire arm.

Breathe in ... Breathe out ..... Breathe in...Breathe out.....

Now let me tell you , this doesn't work. At all.

" Jungkook? Jungkook?!" I heard Taehyung's smooth and warm voice get high and tensed. I couldn't see clearly. The vision in front of me started to get5 blurry and his voice started to echo while fading away.

What was happening to me? What? I tried to look at myself and saw my hands shaking. Maybe....Shit! He would get to know. He would absolutely know about me if this continued.

But maybe it was late. The vision was getting too blurry.

" Jungkook!" I heard Taehyung beside me holding me. He was warm. Not only his voice but his body too.

I was wrong. Definitely. He was not like my father. Because....he was never warm.