8] Jungkook's Panic Attack

Taehyung's pov:

Jungkook suddenly started to tremble. At first I was getting confused by the situation but then I saw Jungkook get all serious.

Slowly as I saw him get silent, his expressions started to change. From sassy to nervous to neutral where he went totally frozen as if he was having some flashbacks and then to quivering.

He was quivering badly and started to get a hard time in breathing. I tried to call him out but he couldn't listen to me and started to mumble a sentence repeatedly.

That was " I am sorry."

I thought he got afraid of my voice and anger but then that was not what I thought. Jungkook was not afraid of me but he was afraid of something else. To whose reaction he started to quiver.

I called out his name but he was not able to react to it and then within a few seconds he started to breathe heavily . His condition was turning bad. It wasn't just something , it was an actual scene. He was recalling something. I wasn't able to understand what was happening so I tried to shake him and calm him but nothing was happening. Suddenly a realization hit me. He was not just quivering or having problem in breathing.

Jungkook was having a panic attack.

~~

" You were right Taehyung. He was having a panic attack." Namjoon hyung said as he came out of his cabin where Jungkook was laying unconscious.

I kind of felt it , already. No- I fucking knew it , already. But when hyung said it , I felt my chest squeeze. A sudden unfamiliar feeling.

" And....Um, Taehyung. Well, I....actually...." He wanted to say something but was hesitating.

" What is it , hyung?" I asked feeling my chest squeeze even more. His face was full of worry and nervousness and that made me even more desperate.

" What. is. it , hyung?!" I seethed out, being irritated of too much suspense.

" Come with me." He said looking at my face while I tried to read his expressions but then ignored it as I walked inside the cabin while he followed me.

Was Jungkook fine? Did he get his consciousness back? Did he want to talk to me? Did he get the panic attack because of my sudden anger?

I asked myself and stopped my feet before the curtains behind which Jungkook was.

" Is he conscious?" I asked staring at the curtain. Just one swipe and I would be facing him.

" No . I gave him some medicine so he will be unconscious for a while." He said lowly.

".... Is he fine?" I asked not able to keep the question to myself. anymore. I waited for a few seconds but when I didn't get any answer I yanked the curtains open only to freeze at my spot with utter shock.

My entire body just gave up at the view in front of me.

Jungkook was laying down on the bed with his Jacket removed. He was now in his jeans and
T-shirt and something more...

His arms were covered in bruises and burns. Some very old and some very fresh.

"What the fuck is this?" I questioned out of utter disbelief. The scene in front of me was too much. He was hurt. well, what was that actually? Hurt? accidental wounds? Violence wounds?

" They are wounds of physical violence?" I asked not able to remove my eyes away from those gruesome injuries. They were very pathetic and hurtful and as must as I heard learnt in my psychology classes that I remembered , he was going through sudden panic attacks because of this violence.

" Yes. And they are very deep and hurtful. In some wounds , even the muscles are burnt." He was deliberately hurt and.....there is more." He said making my eyes snap at his face.

" What more?" I asked examining hyung's face. He was sweating with a little frightened expression while I was continuously feeling very unfamiliar. Something really weird was happening to me.

" Taehyung please stop glaring." He said making me realize what I was doing. I was glaring at him, yes I was.

" Uhm...yeah." I cleared my throat and looked away at Jungkook's calm and relaxed face who was still unconscious.

" He....he is going through therapy." He said making my eyes squint while I continued to stare at that calm face. ' His face looks more cute when he is asleep.'

" How do you know that?"

" Because.....Jin is his therapist."

sigh*

Was he kidding me? At this moment? when all I wanted was to know was , what happened , why and how?

" Why didn't you tell this to me earlier when I was groaning out my headache in front of you that day?" My head had started to hurt bad again and I wanted to believe that it was just a mere nightmare to which I would open my eyes any soon.

" I didn't know this. But I saw this slip in his jacket and found that he was having an appointment with Jin tomorrow." He spoke forwarding a small piece of paper to me. I took it and saw the time and medicines written on it.

" Wait-why did you take off his Jacket, anyway?" I asked and saw him staring at me with a done look. " You really worried about this?"

" Well, you had to check him up but then there was no need for you to take off the Jacket because all you needed was to do a check up." I questioned not able to hide the seething tone.

" He was sweating , Taehyung ! and to do a thorough check up I had to remove the Jacket." He said huffing , but before doing that he could have asked, couldn't he?

" Fine! Now call Jin hyung. I need to talk to him." I had to know about the entire shit. It was all difficult and too much to understand.

Jungkook was going through violence? Since when? Why? And who was the person doing so? He might be reckless but he wasn't someone who deserved such a shitty torture. Wait-

" Don't thing that I am nosy but can I ask you something?" I asked driving the car while Jungkook sat beside me on the passenger seat.

" What? Why do I live in apartment?" He asked the right question.

" Because I don't want to live with them."

Why did he not live with them? Why didn't he want to? Didn't his brother live with his parents? Then why didn't he?

Because he had a job and wanted to be independent? Still, why to live alone away from his family?

Fuck! Why didn't I think about it earlier!?