音乐| Chapter 15

Xu Zhu woke up in the wee hours of the morning, the first light of dawn just beginning to creep over the horizon. He walked down to the river, where he washed up and dressed in his old clothes. Although they had bought fabric for new hanfu, he hadn't yet had time to make them.

As he walked back to the house, he could smell the aroma of cooking wafting through the air. He followed the scent to the kitchen, where he found Xu Zheng rolling out dumpling wrappers at the table.

"Good morning, A-Xu," Xu Zhu greeted, using the affectionate name that he had taken to using for Xu Zheng.

Xu Zheng's face lit up when he heard the familiar voice. "Good morning, A-Bà," he replied. "Would you like to help me with making dumplings?"

"I would love to," Xu Zhu said, joining Xu Zheng at the table. "What kind are you making?"

"Vegetable dumplings," Xu Zheng answered. "We have some leftover cabbage and carrots that I thought would make a nice filling."

Xu Zhu nodded in agreement. "I am happy to help."

They worked together in companionable silence, rolling out the dough and stuffing the dumplings with the vegetable filling. They arranged the dumplings in a steamer and set it over the fire to cook.

"Let's make a side dish, or is it too much?" Xu Zheng asked, a hint of worry in his voice.

"I think the dumplings will be enough, A-Xu," Xu Zhou said. "We don't want to overdo it. "Xu Zheng sighed. "I just... I just want the children to be well fed. I don't want them to go without."

Xu Zhu placed a comforting hand on Xu Zheng's shoulder. "They are, A-Xu. You are taking great care of this family now. The children are well fed, well dressed, and are learning new things every day. You are doing the best you can. Don't doubt yourself, okay?"

Xu Zheng nodded, turning back to the stove. "You're right. I'll try not to worry so much." "I think the dumplings are ready," Xu Zheng said, lifting the lid of the steamer to reveal the plump, steaming dumplings inside.

Xu Zhu smiled, feeling a sense of pride in the small family they had. They may not have much, but they had each other, and that was enough.

. . . . . 

Huang Hua sat on the floor of their small home, his back against the wall, a book in his lap. He was reading quietly, lost in his own world, when he felt a small tug on his sleeve.

He looked up to see his younger sister, Huang Xu, standing beside him, her big brown eyes wide and curious. She was holding a small wooden horse, one of the few toys they owned. In her other hand, she held a little white bunny named Qi, who was gently nibbling on a piece of carrot.

"Gege," Huang Xu said, using the term for "older brother," "will you play with me? And with Qi too!"

Huang Hua looked down at his book, then back at his sister and the bunny. He knew she was lonely and wanted someone to play with, but he also wanted to finish his reading.

Finally, he sighed and closed the book, setting it aside. "Alright, Huang Xu," he said, "I'll play with you and Qi."

Huang Xu's face lit up with a big smile, and she handed him the wooden horse. "Let's play horses, Gege!" she said excitedly. "And Qi can be the stable master!"

Huang Hua took the horse and crawled around on all fours, making horse sounds as Huang Xu rode on his back, laughing and squealing with delight. Qi hopped along beside them, adding to the fun with his playful antics.

They galloped around the room, jumping over imaginary obstacles and racing each other to the finish line. Huang Hua even pretended to be different horses, from a majestic warhorse to a swift and agile pony.

For a while, Huang Hua forgot about his book and his worries. He was just an older brother, playing with his younger sister and their beloved bunny, Qi. And in that moment, he realized that maybe that was enough.

. . . . . 

Huang Feng's POV

The cart trundled slowly along the bumpy mountain road, pulled by our borrowed horse. The air was fresh and crisp, and the scenery was breathtaking, but my mind was focused on the task at hand.

We were searching for clay, for repairing walls of the children's room. 

As we rounded a bend, I spotted a small stream trickling down from the mountainside. Xu Zheng's eyes lit up. "Let's stop here and look for the clay," he suggested.

I nodded in agreement, and we parked the cart by the side of the road. We climbed down and began to search the streambed, sifting through the rocks and sediment. After a few minutes, Xu Zheng let out a triumphant cry. "I found it!" he exclaimed, holding up a handful of the rich, brown clay. We gathered as much as we could, filling several baskets to the brim.

With our baskets laden with the clay, Xu Zheng and I made our way back to the house. The journey felt lighter now, as if the weight of our worries had been replaced by the hope of a brighter future.

As we reached the courtyard, we saw Xu Zhu, Xu Zheng's father, waiting for us with a warm smile. He had a large barrel ready to store the clay. The sight of his gentle face reassured us; he was a pillar of strength and support in our lives.

Together, the three of us carefully emptied the baskets into the barrel. The clay, smooth and malleable in our hands, held the promise of transformation. It was a symbol of our determination to create a better environment for our children, a place where they could grow and thrive.

Xu Zhu patted our backs fondly, his eyes filled with pride. "You two have done well," he said softly. "Your hard work will not go unnoticed."

We carefully covered the barrel with a cloth, protecting the clay from any stray raindrops. With a sense of accomplishment, we stood back and admired our handiwork. The process of finding the clay, bringing it home, and storing it

. . . . . 

The next day dawned bright and clear, and Xu Zheng and Huang Feng woke with a sense of purpose and determination. They were eager to begin the next phase of their project, and after breakfast, they uncovered the clay barrel and began to mix the clay with water. It was messy work, but they took pleasure in it, knowing that every handful of clay brought them closer to their goal.

Once the clay was ready, they began to apply it to the walls, using pieces of broken wooden planks to smooth it out. It was painstaking work, requiring patience and precision, but they persevered, and as they worked, they could see the walls taking shape, slowly transforming from rough and crumbling wall to smooth and solid.

Xu Zheng and Huang Feng worked in tandem, taking turns applying the clay and smoothing it out. Xu Zhou watched them with pride, offering advice and encouragement.By the end of the day, they had finished applying the clay to one wall, and they stood back to admire their progress. It wasn't perfect yet, but they could already see the potential.

. . . . .

Published. 07.04.2024

Words. 1222

I Τransmigrated into the male wife [BL]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें