Chapter 20

I gulped silently as Louis' eyes burned into mine.

"How dare you hit Harry." Louis started through gritted teeth. His voice was surprisingly calm, which in fact made him sound even more frightening.

"I'm sorry." I said in a small voice, trying to be brave.

The words had barely left my lips when I felt a whip of white hot pain on my right cheek. I gasped in pain, clutching my cheek as tears blurred my vision. I could hear shouting around me and two people ran next to me. On my right Niall was trying to comfort and console me, whilst Zayn, on my left, tried to remove my hand gently from my face.

I could hear Louis shouting desperately, although his voice was getting fainter and fainter, as if he was being dragged away. I tried to focus my mind, but it was as if I was not in control of my own body. Everything was spinning and all I could focus on was how much my cheek hurt.

I suddenly snapped awake from my daydream, realizing what had just happened.

Louis had hit me.

My Louis, the one who said he would never hurt me, had hit me.

"Shh, princess its okay, its alright, we're here, we've got you." Niall cooed to me, trying to wipe away my never ending flow of tears.

"Steph, please can you move your hand sweetie? I need to look at your cheek." Zayn said softly to me. I decided to move my hand, despite the pain it caused me, and let Zayn look at it. "Thanks love, I'm just going to sit you on the kitchen counter then I can have a proper look at it, okay?"

I nodded numbly, tears still running down my cheeks rapidly. Zayn gently lifted me onto his hip an once I was on and he was holding me tightly, he ran to the kitchen and sat me carefully on the counter. He looked at my cheek and told Niall to get some ice from the freezer. Niall returned with a bag of frozen peas and Zayn held it against my cheek. As soon as the cold hit my cheek I cried out and pushed Zayn's hand away.

"I'm sorry Stephy, it will help your cheek." Zayn said, placing the frozen peas back onto my cheek.

My silent tears turned into loud sobs, wrecking through my body and the cold from the peas stung my hot red cheek. Niall rubbed my back and tried to calm me down, however nothing he could do nor say could make anything better. After a few minutes Liam walked into the room, looking tired and confused. I guess he had just woken up from his nap, and he obviously had no idea what was going on. His look of confusion was soon replaced by a soft, gentle face when he saw me.

"Baby girl! What happened sweetie?" He asked, approaching me, pushing my hair gently behind my ears.

Instead of answering I just cried harder, my cheek aching from physical pain, and my heart aching from emotional pain. Liam gently picked me up off the counter, taking the peas away from my face, and placed me on his hip, hugging me tightly against his chest, rocking back and forth as I stained his top with my endless tears. After a few minutes I began to calm down and Liam pulled away slightly, looking me in the eyes.

"Want to tell me what happened gorgeous?" He asked in a gentle, soothing voice. I shook my head silently, resting my head back onto his strong shoulders.

"We'll tell you later, just maybe put Steph to bed, she needs to rest." Zayn murmured to Liam, and I felt Liam nod in reply, before he turned around and began to walk to his room.

Liam gently lay me down in his bed and pulled the covers right up to my chin, tucking me in tightly. He sat on the edge of the bed and stroked my hair back, before leaning in and kissing my forehead.

"Will you be okay if I go and talk to the other boys?" Liam asked, stroking my hair once more. I nodded and closed my eyes, turning onto my side. Liam kissed my forehead once more before leaving the room and quietly shutting the door behind him.