Chapter 57

"So what did you think of that one?" Louis asked me as he started the car.

"It was alright I guess." I shrugged.

"You can say that for every house we look at." He sighed.

"Flat," I corrected him, "and that's because they're all the same."

"How are they the same?" He asked as he drove.

"I don't know, they're all big and modern and white and empty." I shrugged.

"Stephy, we need to find somewhere and move in quickly, we don't have time to find a more 'lived in' house." He sighed, making quotations marks as he let go of the wheel for a second.

"Our house is lived in." I mumbled.

"Steph, would you stop bringing that up? I know this is hard and complicated but it's for the best. All of us want to begin to settle down by ourselves and get on with our lives." He said seriously.

"But you have a kid! Isn't that serious enough?" I protested.

"I am the one with a kid. The other lads have no ties to you." He said.

"Way to make me feel loved, dad." I folded my arms.

"That came out wrong," he sighed, "listen, we need to find a flat and move in within the next few days. I'm sick of living in an empty house with cardboard boxes." He sighed.

"We still have Niall, he's not gone yet." I pointed out.

Harry had moved out the other day into a place right in the centre of town. We had stayed for half the day to unpack, but then Rose had turned up in her bum shorts claiming she wanted to help. The worst thing is that she lives a five minute walk away, meaning they'll be seeing lots of each other and less of us. I was happy for Harry, but I still didn't like Rose, she seemed sketchy to me.

"True but he's already got a place lined up and is only waiting until we're ready to go." Louis told me.

"Or maybe he's waiting for everyone to come back." I challenged, knowing I was pushing him.

"Steph." He warned.

"Fine, fine, I take it back." I sighed.

"You need to lose that attitude before we get to Harry's, okay? Liam and Zayn will be there too so I want best behaviour missy." He said.

"I know." I mumbled, putting my feet up on the dashboard.

"And would you take your feet off there." He sighed, swatting at my shoes.

I took my feet down as shrunk back into my seat, a bad mood beginning to arise.

We soon arrived at Harry's place and saw Liam's car already there. We jumped out and made our way to the tall fancy building and took the lift up to the fifth floor where Harry's flat was. Louis knocked on the door and less than a second later the curly haired boy opened the door, grinning widely as he pulled us both into tight hugs.

"Come on in, we've made a salad and wraps." He grinned, motioning us into the house.

We went in and walked through to the kitchen, where an unexpected guest was waiting. Rose. She smiled widely and got up to say hello as my eyes drove daggers towards her.

"Be nice." A voice said quietly in my ear.

I turned around to see Liam looking down at me and holding a bowl of salad.

"Why is she here?" I hissed.

"She's always here." He shrugged, before walking off to put the salad on the table.