Chapter 36

Harry's POV

"Shit." I cursed when I looked out the car window.

There were thousands, tens of thousands, possibly even one hundred thousand screaming fans outside our hotel. I glanced over to the other boys, who had similar expressions on their faces, although thankfully Steph still had her head buried into my chest, completely oblivious to what was going on.

"What do we do?" Niall hissed.

"Call Paul?" Liam suggested, and we nodded in agreement.

"Can you do another drive around the block please?" Louis asked the driver, who then proceeded to drive around the big block.

"What's going on?" I heard Steph's little voice say.

She looked up from my lap and my heart melted. She had red puffy eyes and endless tear stains on her cheeks. Her hair hung limply and she just looked so fragile and vulnerable. I wrapped my arms back around her and held her tightly.

"There are a couple of fans outside the hotel, so we need to tell Paul so he can help us." I told her softly, kissing her forehead.

"Paul said he's sending a security team over now and they'll be there in five minutes." Liam told us, hanging up the phone to Paul.

"See, everything will be fine munchkin, Paul will fix it all." I cooed to Steph, kissing her forehead and holding her close.

I was hoping to get a smile, a nod, anything from her, but instead she just looked more depressed, more broken and more in need of love.

"How about we order a couple of Pizzas, all get in our onesies and have a movie night, sound good?" Zayn suggested.

"What do you think angel?" Liam asked Steph, who just shrugged in response.

"We can watch She's the Man?" I tempted her with a grin.

"Okay." Her little voice came out, a tiny grin appearing on her face.

Just then Liam's phone rang and he answered. The call was short and when he had hung up he turned to us with a relieved face.

"Paul and the security team are there, we're safe to head back." He announced, and we all sighed in relief.

Louis told the driver to head back to the hotel and as we Drew nearer, Niall softly looked into Steph's eyes.

"Princess, Harry will carry you in, okay? It might be a little crazy, but there is a lot of security there so no one can touch you. You are perfectly safe." Niall told her, kissing her head after she nodded in reply.

The driver stopped the car outside the hotel and I could see several members of security trying to clear away the hoards of screaming fans and paparazzi. Paul ran over and opened the car door for us, beckoning us to follow him. I swung Steph up onto my hip and ran out of the car, following closely behind Paul. The fans were screaming and grabbing at us, and I could feel Steph shaking in my arms. I pressed her small frame to my body and held her tightly, her arms wrapped so tightly around my neck I thought she would strangle me, although I knew her body didn't have the strength to.

We managed to make it into the hotel lobby and we raced to the lifts, Paul coming in with us. I continued to hold Steph tightly and rub her back, although she kept her head buried in the crook of my neck. When the lift came to a stop at the top we all scurried out and decided to all go to the bigger apartment, so Steph could get changed into her onesie while we cooked dinner. When we all were inside Liam, Louis and Paul went to 'chat' in Liam's room, while Zayn and Niall looked up good pizza places near by where we could get dinner from. I carried Steph to her room and closed the door behind us, sitting her down on the bed. I crouched in front of her and looked into her dark broken eyes.