Chapter 37

My cries didn't last long; all my energy having been drained completely. I lay limply in Liam's arms as he swayed gently back and forth, humming the tune to More Than This, one of my favourite songs, Moments being the top favourite. My eyes were beginning to close, my body relaxing against his. My eyes were shut and I was on the edge of falling asleep when I heard Harry murmur to Liam, his deep voice waking me up despite the quietness of his talking.

"Should we watch the movie or do you want to put her to bed?" Harry asked Liam.

"I'm not sure, she needs to go to bed but if she goes now she'll wake up in the night. I reckon we should watch the movie first then we'll put her to bed, that way she'll sleep through the night and not wake up." Liam replied.

"Okay, I'll go and tell the others, we'll be in the sitting room." Harry said before I heard him walk off.

"Baby girl, wake up, I'm sorry angel but you need to wake up." Liam cooed in my ear, rubbing my back softly.

"I want to sleep." I told him quietly.

"I know gorgeous, but we need to watch the film first, okay? I know you're tired but just try to stay up a little longer." He told me, and I felt him beginning to walk.

I sniffled and rested my head on his shoulder as he walked to the sitting room. When we got there I could here all the boys whispering and asking if I was okay. Liam told them I was fine and shooed them away, taking a seat in the middle of the sofa. He sat me on his lap and pulled a blanket over the two of us.

"I saved you your pizza babe, I made sure Niall didn't eat it." Zayn smiled at me, holding out a plate with four pizza slices on it. When I didn't take the plate Liam took it instead and put it in my lap.

"Can you eat some please angel?" Liam asked gently, but I shook my head.

"Why won't you eat baby?" Harry asked me, his eyes looking deeply into mine.

"I don't want to." I told him in a small voice.

"But it's really yummy." Niall tried to persuade me, but I just looked down at my lap.

"Come with me baby girl." Louis said, lifting me off Liam's comfy lap and placing me on his hip.

"Where are you going?" Liam asked.

"I'm taking her to bed. She's overly tired and has had a long emotional day, she needs some rest." Louis told all the boys, before carrying me out of the room.

He took me into his room because mine was smashed up from before, and he pulled back the covers, laying me in the big bed. He took off his shoes and got into the bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his warm chest, holding me tight.

"I've missed cuddling with you." He said, snuggling closer to me.

I remained silent and just enjoyed his cuddle. I needed him more than anything right then, I needed all the boys, but Louis really was my dad. I had been a little bit distant from him lately, and I think he took it really hard with my mum showing up, harder than any of the other boys, considering I was his adopted daughter.

"Talk to me Steph. I feel like I haven't spoken to you in a while," He said, "how are you feel about your mum? Be completely honest."

I took a deep shaky breath before answering, "I hate her. I wish she had never showed up. All my life I wanted her to come back, even though I thought she was dead. I wanted nothing more than to have her back. But then you came and I forgot about her, I forgot about the pain in my chest, because I had you and the other boys. Now that she's back I don't really know how to feel. I've wanted this day almost my whole life, but now that it's here I want nothing more than to go back to the way it was before." I told him honestly.