Chapter 40

Paul, Preston and a few people from management came round soon and all set up in our room. They got out computers and phones and sat around a table with the boys. Niall had called Josh and asked him to come round to keep me company, and he arrived just after everyone else.

"Just get like an ice cream or something, I'll text you when we're done." Louis said to him.

"Be good for Josh, he'll tell us if you don't behave, alright missy?" Liam said parentally.

"Liam," I whined, "I'm not a little kid, I'll behave." I told him.

"She'll be fine." Josh grinned.

"Alright, bye babe, we'll see you soon." Zayn said, giving me a big hug.

I said goodbye to everyone else, giving them a hug and a kiss, before heading off with Josh. I hadn't seen him in ages and it was good to catch up with him again. The boys had arranged also for security to follow us, however fom a distance so as not to draw attention to us. Me and Josh walked down the street, hand in hand, stopping outside an ice cream parlour. We decided to go in and order an ice cream, because it was hot outside and Louis had also told us to get one. I ordered caramel honeycomb in a tub and Josh got mint choc chip in a cone. We found a seat at the back of the shop and sat down, enjoying our ice creams.

"So, how have you been?" Josh asked lamely.

"Okay I guess." I shrugged.

"I'm really sorry about, well, everyting." He said.

"Its fine, really. I'm not sad about it anymore, I just want to move on." I lied.

The thruth was, I wanted to cry and scream and go crazy, more than anything. Although I decided keeping it bottled up would be a better thing to do. I knew at some point I would crack and everything would come out, but I was determind to fight past that and keep my walls built high.

"Do you think the tour will continue?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I honestly don't know." Josh answered.

"I feel really bad, its all my fault."

"None of this is your fault love. You didn't mean for this to happen, no one did, and there was nothing you could've done to prevent it. It is just one of those things that happen out of the blue and no one knows why, but that they need to stay strong and fight against it, and that is exactly what you need to do." He told me.

"I know, but I just feel so bad for the boys, especially Louis. He is my dad, and I feel like we've become more distant because of this, and I hate it." I said.

"It'll be fine. Louis loves you more than you can imagine, he'll always be there for you, no matter what. You two just have to stick together and get through it as a family." He said.

I had nothing to say to that, and just stared at my ice cream, stirring it around the container as it melted. We sat in silence for a minute or two, both of us just thinking I guess. After a minute I sighed and put my plastic spoon down, looking up to face Josh.

"Can you teach me how to play the drums?" I asked out of the blue.

"Of course, I would love to." He grinned.

"Can we go now?" I asked, eager to get playing.

"Sure, we can head over to the rehearsal studio." He grinned.

I threw the rest of my ice cream in the bin and followed him out. I stood on the pavement for a moment as he talked to a member of security, arranging for a car to be sent to us. Five minutes later a car pulled up for us and we got in. The drive was only about ten minutes, and we pulled up outside a big warehouse building. We got out the car and Josh unlocked the door, holding it open. I stepped inside, and Josh turned on all the lights. We were in a big warehouse with instruments and microphones everywhere.