Chapter 21

"Five minutes then we're moving to the other green room behind stage boys." A man dressed in black said, popping his head round the dressing room door. The boys nodded and began to get up from the comfortable sofas we were sitting on.

"Come on princess, we need to get moving." Zayn said, getting up from beside me and holding his out to me. I sighed and took his outstretched hand, allowing him to pull me up.

The make up artists touched up the boys then we began to make our way to the other dressing room behind the stage. The support act (5 seconds of summer) were just about to start and they seemed really nervous. I had talked to them briefly while the boys were rehearsing, but I didn't know them very well yet. 

"Steph, I'll carry you, we don't want you to get left behind." Niall said, lifting me onto his hip. Backstage there were many people running around with clip boards and walkie talkie things. 

"Hey Niall?" 

"Yeah babe?" He looked at me.

"Do you want to have a girlfriend?" I asked him, looking deeply into his eyes. He let out a laugh and shook his head.

"I already have my princess." He said, kissing my cheek. I grinned and rolled my eyes.

"But don't you want a real girlfriend? Like how Zayn has Perrie and Louis has Eleanor?"

"I guess I just haven't found the one yet." He sighed, "Anyway, why are you asking?"

"I don't know, its just you haven't had a girlfriend for ages." 

"Neither has Harry." Niall pointed out.

"Yeah, but Harry can get any girl." I pointed out.

"And I can't?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I didn't mean it like that!" I realised, my eyes widening.

Niall smirked and began to tickle my sides. I screamed and thrashed around in his grip, trying to push his hands away. I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and pull me away from him and into their chest, carrying me bridal style.

"Liam." Niall whined, still grinning.

"You two need to behave, there are a lot of people here and we have to make an impression and preserve our energy for the show." Liam said, sounding very mature and parental.

"You're no fun Liam." I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well deal with it, I'm not in the mood for you to be acting crazy and hyperactive." He said, continuing to walk.

Me and Niall exchanged glances quickly, before looking down. Why was Liam in such a bad mood all of a sudden? He was fine during the rehearsals, although he was on his phone a lot of the time, but still, he was acting so unreasonable.

"I'll walk." I mumbled, trying to get out of his grip.

He placed me on the ground and walked ahead to the front of the group where Paul was. I sulkily followed behind the boys and security, in a bad mood because of Liam. Niall had gone to talk to Zayn and Harry and Louis were laughing together. I felt left out, seeing them all together. I know it was stupid, but I did feel left out and lonely. I sudden had a longing to be back home with El and Perrie as well. 

"Steph." Zayn called out to me once we reached the green room. I snapped my head up and looked at him. "You okay love?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied.

"Okay, you just zoned out. Come and have something to eat." He said, waving me over. I sighed but walked to where they were all standing next to the buffet table.