Chapter 2: Peter Pan

Hey,
Thanks for reading.
Unfortunately I will be away in Italy next week so won't be able to update, but when I get back I promise lots of chapters and updates as soon as I can.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't see Killian suddenly turn his attention onto me, grabbing my arm with his left hand, keeping his right hand on his brother, trying to prevent both of our poisoned wounds from spreading. Oliver ripped two sections off his shirt and wrapped it tightly around my hand and Liam's arm, in an attempt to stop the poisoned blood from flowing around the rest of our bodies and reaching our hearts, thus potentially killing us if Peter Pan was telling the truth.

It started as a terrible burn, like my entire body was on fire. The pain was instantly unbearable, coursing through my body and pounding through my veins, reaching every part of me in seconds. It pierced my flesh and caused a trickle of warm blood to ooze from the wound. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to block out the pain. My veins hardened and my skin tingled, as my vision subsided.

Beginning to feel lightheaded, I dropped to the ground and lay on my side until I got my breath back. Killain and Oliver were saying things that I can only presume was supposed to be at me and Liam, shouting at us and moving parts of my body to try to discover a solution, but I didn't hear and barely felt it.

Then I began to slip away into unconsciousness, before my eyes forced myself to look beyond Neverland's vibrant colour and settled on the boy in the trees, smirking at me knowingly.

'Boy!' Killian's exclaimed as his eyes followed mine and settled on Peter Pan who ambled over to us, as if there was nothing to be afraid of.

'Please help them!' Oliver cried, turning to Peter before trying to help Liam again, in vain.

'He's my brother he's all I have left. I need Lily. I can't bear to see them go...' Killian Jones begged and Peter knelt by my side, watching me closely and placing his hand over Liam's wound.

I pushed myself beyond breaking point to stay awake, biting my lip until I tasted the revolting taste of blood, which masked the pain and the desire to slip into unconsciousness. It was beyond agony, my body was on fire and I was almost screaming in pain.

'There is one way to cure them...' Peter Pan said, before his cautioned voice became a faint whisper and I subsided into subconsciousness. 'But every kind of magic comes with a price...'

~

My eyes sprung open, adjusting to the amount of light cascading through the crevices of the small hut above me. I squinted, frowning slightly with confusion, as I inspected the small, damp room in a daze of bewilderment. I was sure I had never been here before, but something about the smell of forests, trees and animals seemed familiar. I cringed, trying to work out where I was with limited success.

The bed on which I lay creaked under my shifting body weight, but I dumbly attempted to hide my dissatisfaction towards the antique wooden bed, with its edges made of what appeared to be feeble driftwood.

A tall, muscular boy slept soundly opposite me. He was the only person in the room, which was covered by shelves of supplies for what I can only presume are for medical purposes. On further inspection, I came to the conclusion that this was a tree house of some kind, which only clarified my past assumption of being in a forest.

I recognised the boy, in particular the way his breath scratched as he inhaled as he slept. Then the memories came flooding back: the ship, Killain, Liam, Oliver, the journey, the Dreamshade and the boy who sat opposite me, that I now remember to have cured me, was Peter Pan: the murderer of the natives, my friends and my family.