Chapter 24: The Power to Save Neverland

Hey,
Thanks for reading, I now have over 2000s reads! I'm so overjoyed and would like to thank every single person whose read my book.
Anyway, this week has been very busy for me, as I mentioned in my last chapter of "Snow White", but I felt like its been a week since I last updated and you deserved another one. Sorry if it's a little bit rubbish, I may have rushed bits, and sorry that it's really short, but I promise to update the next chapter hopefully by Thursday, which will be much better, more exciting and longer!
As always, please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the night drew to a close and I had managed to wait patiently enough for Peter Pan to give me a lift into the cabin and I went stumbling into our bedroom.

Having struggled to locate anything in the pitch darkness, Pan announced that he would go to "Check on the Lost Boys and Henry" as he put it, but in reality he was such a gentlemanly boyfriend that he always made excuses to leave me in our room to change alone.

I sighed after the long day, pulling my dirty shirt over her head and pulled out another tank top. Before pulling it on over my head, to hide my bra, I tied my long, dark hair back into a high ponytail.

There was a loud thud and the door to my room flung open, revealing Pan. He was looking behind him at first, shouting something to Felix and laughing as he turned around. His face paled and his eyes widened as he saw me quickly throw my hands over my exposed chest, scowling at him. 'Pan!' I squealed, very embarrassed.

Pan chuckled and immediately turned around to close the door, backing slowly into the room awkwardly, 'Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to!'

I just laughed and rolled my eyes, pulling the tank top over my head. I turned back around to face him, lying on the bed, looking me up and down. 'Sorry, Tig. I really didn't mean to, I should've told you I was coming, but Felix was talking to me and coming up behind me-'

'Felix saw?' I gasped, my eyes wide with fear as I walked slowly towards him, styling and adjusting my messy hair which I previously didn't have time to check.

'No! No! No!' Pan said quickly, laughing to himself. 'I wouldn't allow it.'

'If you're sure...' I mumbled stiffly, walking towards the edge of the bed. In honesty, Malcolm had obviously seen me naked before, but something about Pan seeing me in my underwear sent shivers down my spine.

His eyes scanned my body up and down seductively as I walked towards him. The look made him seem like he was trying to commit it to memory, like he was convinced he would never see me that way again, which he was right to think because he wouldn't. Smirking to himself, Pan stated proudly, 'Just me.'

The Shadow had told me that the only way to free Neverland was to allow Peter Pan to trust me and feel comfortable around me. I knew from experience that Peter Pan loved to feel in control, but he loved even more to feel like I wanted him more than he wanted him. And not just a want, a craving, a need, a hunger... It sickened me. But I needed to convince him I was siding with him in order to free Neverland and save Henry.

I glared at him mockingly for a moment, before clambering over to his side of the bed and straddling him. I wrapped my hands loosely around his neck, bringing myself towards him. 'Next time, knock please!'

'Whatever you say, beautiful.' Peter grinned back and lifted his head towards him, bringing his lips towards mine and kissing me tenderly.

That night was the closest we had ever been in the bed together since I retuned to Neverland. We were so close that I could feel him breathing, rather than just hearing it. He was so peaceful. We were just lying there, my head resting on his chest, making shapes and lines across his bare skin. His arm was wrapped around me, holding me there securely and possessively.

I watched him carefully, waiting for him to say something that I could sense was on his mind and preventing us both from sleeping.

'I have something I need to tell you,' Peter said. I ran my fingers along the tendons in his hands and looked back into his eyes. 'You know I love you?'

At his question, I nodded once simply, thankful because if he didn't, it would be impossible for me to locate the owner of the Heart of the Truest Believer. To intensify this, I added, 'As I love you.'

'Well, I might love you more than that. I might be falling in love with you.' He smiled down at me a little. 'I'm just not sure if I should tell you yet, though.'

My eyes widened with shock. In cheesy chick-flick tales it would be because he was so hot and I was so not... but this was Neverland and in Neverland, love is different. Love is impossible.

Peter Pan was incapable of falling love...

                                                                                   ...Or so I thought.

'Oh?' I said, dumbly, a little surprised. I wasn't sure what to think. I had cared about my ex-husband, even if it was obvious how much I hated him, but I couldn't imagine owner his heart and him actually feeling something about me. It sounded foreign and stupid.

'Oh.' Pan repeated dreamily. He sounded a little disappointed, because he would be delighted if I was the first to tell him that I was in love with him. But, as usual, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction and the security he wanted. Peter would fight a mountain lion, but he wouldn't tell someone he loved them.

'Maybe you should write down a pros and cons list then.' I suggested with a small giggle and I could feel his body rippling with laughter against my side as his chest heaved heavily with the effort of laughing horizontally with half of my body on top of him.

'Maybe I'm already sure that I'm in love with you,' Peter said nervously, but surely, 'And I don't want to frighten you.'

I laughed a little. 'Then you should know better.'

'Fine,' he said. Then he said those few words that I had heard coming from his lips before, but I never could associate the words falling from Malcolm's lips to the words Peter Pan would ever say. I could only imagine them as two different people. 'Then I'm in love with you.'

But, as if the surprises hadn't stopped today, I closed the gap between us even more and my lips, seeming to have a mind of their own, formed the words, 'I think that I'm in love with you too.'

His eyes widened, like I had told him some very shocking news like the moon WAS made of cream cheese. His fingers absentmindedly closed tighter around my waist, pulling my possessively even closer towards him.

Soon enough, his lips pulled into a tight, small and playful smile. And we both knew that we had both meant those little words, even if it meant denying the world to the other, we both loved one another. And that was it.

I slowly began to fall asleep, so slowly I could barely feel myself drifting off. I heard Peter's breathing become heavy, but I had known him for long enough to know that he wasn't yet asleep. It wasn't just his breathing that proved that to me though, it was also the fact that Peter Pan had a lot to think about.

And now, finally, I had the power to save Neverland.