Chapter 18: Trouble

Hey,
Thanks for reading. Sorry that this chapter took a little longer than I anticipated, but it was quite long and had a lot of detail.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I can't believe what you did!' Someone screamed, causing me and Felix to look up from cooking by the fire.

I glanced at Felix to see the concern in his eyes as he starts to run towards the noise. Dropping my knife, I sprinted after him until I cigaret up, then slowed into a gentle jog. 'I can't believe what you said!'

'I didn't mean it like that!' My eyes briefly met Felix's and we hurtled through the forest towards the noise, leaving the half-chopped vegetables on the side.

'What's going on?' I yelled through the commotion at a random Lost Boy in front of me. Felix was by my side, jogging with me and laughing at the excitement of the Lost Boys. He enjoyed danger and didn't seem to have any problem with the potential fight.

The Lost Bpy turned around and grinned at me widely to reveal himself to be Candy, 'It's Baelfire and Jack, I don't know what's happened but Baelfire is really angry with him!'

'I didn't do anything, Baelfire! Whatever I did I'm sorry, you don't understand. It was a joke!' Came another call, who was obviously Jack replying to Baelfire's calls. A lump formed in my throat as I pushed my way through the crowds, trying to find Baelfire.

'Sorry isn't good enough!' Baelfire continued to scream.

'What do you think happened?' Felix asked me, tapping me on my shoulder and glancing at me in concern.

For Jack to get on the wrong side of Baelfire on his second day was not a good move. Baelfire seemed quite patient, in which case Jack must have said something particularly awful to make him so angry.

'I don't know,' I admitted with a sigh, peering through the gaggle of Lost Boy's heads at Baelfire and Jack. 'But I'm gonna find out.'

As I pushed through the crowd, I noticed that Baelfire and Jack had their hands in fists, glaring at each other with more venom than I thought Baelfire could muster, even though I only knew him for a short time.

'I can't believe what you said! Take it back now!' Baelfire screamed.

'Oh will you shut up, you know what I think so just let it go!' Without hesitation, Jack punched Baelfire square in the jaw and I winced, holding my breath in anxiety as the Lost Boys all gasped or cheered. Baelfire stumbled to the side clutching his jaw.

Jack, surged on by anger, revenge and determination, took this as an advantage. Before Baelfire and I could even react to it, Jack charged at Baelfire and knocked him to the ground, following a hard punch in the jaw. Baelfire dropped to the ground and I looked away angirly, hearing everyone gasp, too stunned to move a muscle.

'Knock it off, now!' I screamed, hurtling myself through the dense crowd and standing between Baelfire and Jack, glaring at them angrily. It was one of the unspoken rules among the Lost Boys: don't hurt another Lost Boy. And they both had done just that.

I turned my attention to Baelfire, looking up at me in shock, his nose flooding with blood. I held out my hand and hauled him to his feet, placing an arm on his back and helping him limp to a log, where a couple of Lost Boys handed him some water for his wounds and a drink.

I turned to see if Jack was also in pain, when suddenly Jack's fist connects to my face, causing me to fall back in astonishing pain.

My vision started to blur and I could feel the blood dripping down my face. Anger started to well up inside of me. I confidently stood up to face him, bringing my fists up ready to defend myself. Jack scrunched his nose up, obviously livid with me, and took another step forward.