Chapter 12: Flight Danger

Hey,
As usual, thanks for reading my story.
Finally finished the other part of my story! It seemed to take forever! 😅
Please vote and comment- I always read and take note of what you say and I really value both the good and the bad.
I was really looking forward to writing this chapter because I really liked the mermaid scenes in the original episode of Once Upon A Time.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Oh, finally.' Pan murmured, approaching me with an enormous, amused grin. 'You've decided to amble out of the water, have you? Took you long enough.'

'Oh really?' I replied bordely, trying to cover up that he couldn't be more right. I hadn't delayed exiting the water, but only because I found Wendy. I didn't mind though because this delayed and shortened my day with Pan. 'Did you know that sarcasm means to tear flesh in Greek? You just ripped me apart.'

Peter laughed with me, remembering my random knowledge of unknown, useless and generally unusable facts. 'What about that date now?' Pan mused.

I sighed my eyes flitting around the gaggle of Lost Boys, but no obvious excuses came to my rescue. Shrugging, I said finally, 'Sure, but what exactly are we planning on doing?'

'I'm going to show you around Neverland.' Peter said proudly, beaming at me enthusiastically as I walked around the camp, depositing the thousands of weapons stored in my clothes to my pile of weapons outside his tent. Pan had provided me with all of these weapons, but he didn't need to though because most of the weapons I didn't know exactly how to use.

'A tour of Neverland?' I mused, snapping back up from when I was leaning down to lock my weapons in the chest, holding back my knife. 'Have you already forgotten I know my way around Neverland, Pan? I used to live here. In fact, I remember giving you your first tour of Neverland.' I pointed out.

'Aye, Tiger,' Peter began, smirking at his use of pirate dialect. 'But a lot has changed since you lived here, hasn't it?'

He wasn't just talking about the landscape- which admittedly had changed a lot. He was also reminding me of the two of us and how since I left Neverland, everything in Neverland had changed for the worst. The shadow, Peter Pan's arrival, Rumple's death and the mass murder of many natives. It wouldn't surprise me if there was more. 'Yes, yes it has.'

'Okay, Tiger, let's go.' Pan said, unfolding my arms and placing them securely around his neck. His hands slipped downwards, gripping onto my waist. I bit my lip, not wanting to tell him that I hated heights in case he thought I was a coward, and allowed myself to be lifted into the air.

'Peter put me down!' I squealed, my nails digging into the skin on his neck. He didn't even flinch in pain. 'It this really necessary? Can't we just walk?'

'We could, but that wouldn't be nearly as fun!' He teased, his eyes darting around us to work out which direction would be best to travel in. Pan's hand hoisted me further up and I squealed, wrapping my legs around his torso, as if I was climbing up his body to get further away from the forest floor.

'We need to get closer to the ocean.' He stated softly and began to turn slightly to the side. With fairy dust, I am a capable flyer. But Pan would never give me fairy dust for two reasons: one, I would probably escape and two, he loved the sense of power he had that my life depended on his mercy.

Somehow I didn't feel comfortable putting my life in his hands. What if he dropped me? What if he wasn't strong enough to carry me? What if I slipped from his grasp? My eyes tore away from his, as I tried to inspect our surroundings up-side-down, but it didn't really work. 'Put me down!'