Chapter 7: Ex-husband

Hey,
Thanks for reading and being so patient when I was slow to update.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader

'Alright, that's enough for one night. Everyone should try to get some rest. I want to train Tiger Lily tomorrow, so I need you to sleep.' Peter Pan said and, as if brainwashed by respect, simultaneously all of the Lost Boys arose and ambled out of the clearing in small groups of friends, laughing and jeering with each other at their successes and failures. I absentmindedly copied everyone else, relieved that the night was over because I was feeling a little angry and lonely after the strawberry incident.

Suddenly, I stopped mid-step. At the same time as feeling exhaustion, I also felt determination. I had to try harder and fight stronger in order to get better. I spun around on my heel and headed back to my bow and quiver that Pan had given me, withdrawing an arrow and twirling around my thumb and forefinger.

Looking both ways to check no one was watching, I headed off into the woods. I just needed a target and some practice before tomorrow, perhaps shooting a few animals as well.

Eventually, I found a suitable tree and chiseled my knife into the tree's bark, before digging my nails into it and ripping it apart to make a circle-ish shape on the tree, creating a small target for me to practice on. I withdrew an arrow, inhaled deeply, positioned it on the bow and brought back the string, looking down the arrow at the target.

'Not so fast, Tiger.' Came a voice behind me, so suddenly that I jumped out of my skin. 'You need some rest too.'

'No I don't.' I objected, before reverting my gaze to the target, narrowing my eyes to get a clearer image. 'I'm not tired, Pan.' I stated firmly.

'Don't lie to me, Tiger Lily.' Peter Pan sighed exasperated. He wasn't angry, just annoyed at how stubborn I could be. I released the arrow and gritted my teeth as it landed a few feet away, not even close to the tree. 'I hate liars.'

'Yeah? Well I hate failing.' I grumbled, turning back to look at him and withdrawing another arrow. Peter Pan took a large step towards me and placed his hand over mine, removing the bow from my grasp, smirking at my annoyance as I reluctantly let it go.

'Tiger Lily, I know what I'm doing. I know you do too, but sometimes it's just easier to let me take things one step at a time. You have never used a bow, you haven't properly hunted in years and even when you did live with the natives, you used a spear to catch anything, we have time tomorrow,' he said firmly, half-dragging me back towards camp. 'We have years in Neverland for you to practice before you need it.'

'I guess so.' I shrugged at his encouraging speech. We walked the rest of the distance back to camp in absolute silence. When we reached there, he gestured for me to travel up to his tree house. Peter Pan flopped onto the bed and stretched across it, yawning widely, before tucking his arm under his neck.

'You wanna join?' He asked, before sitting up abruptly and turning towards his chest of draws. He retrieved an enormous T-shirt, which he flung to me so I could sleep more comfortably than in one of my animal skin dresses.

'Thank you.' I mumbled, nodding to him. He just nodded in return and settled down, watching me disappear behind the curtains to change. When I came back, I flopped onto the hard, wooden floor, wrapped my arms around my body and curled up into a small ball.

'What are you doing?' Peter Pan asked, sitting up straight and frowning down at me with a mixture of confusion and amusement.

'Sleeping.' I replied simply, wriggling my body into a more comfortable position. Despite being made of wood, the floor was remarkably comfortable compared to the swinging hammock I slept in for months on the "Jewel of the Realm". This memory reminded me of Oliver and Liam and Killian Jones, three people who could possibly want to rescue me from Pan. But most of all Oliver, because when I found Pan, my ex husband, I felt like I had betrayed him. I hadnt even told him about Malcolm. Could he even possibly begin to forgive me after that?