Chapter 17: Dreams in Neverland

Hey,
Thanks for reading.
So college starts tomorrow, which means I probably won't be able to update as frequently- sorry! Good news- I've written half of the next chapter so you won't have to worry too much about that! 😀
This chapter isn't my best and it could get a little boring, so I'll definitely update by Friday!
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sea was like a rippling blanket of a sapphire blue. I shaded my eyes from the glowing sun, my skin absorbing its rays and browning. This enchanting magic made me wonder; is there anything quite as blissful as an amble by the seashore? The sea is a cerulean-blue gown and the beach seems dipped in earthshine-gold. The waves in the distance are like white creases on a vast bale of velvet and is  both rhythmic and mesmerising.

My eyes gently drifted from the ocean to gaze and admire the peace and tranquility of the beach. The palm trees are lined in serried rows and dip their heads in obedience to the sea. They have an Eden-green beauty that cannot be rivalled were you to travel to the far side of the world. Underneath them, a springy undergrowth of lush-green seems to beckon you in to the rainforest.

But this ocean is made of more than just colours. It means more to me than that. Because this vast and monotonous ocean is the same ocean I learnt to swim in as a toddler; enjoyed endless hours of sailing as a child and went diving or cliff jumping in as a teenager.

Then I turn on your heel, wobbling as the sandals Peter found on Earth for me dig into the sand and sink with my weight, and make my way towards Pan.

'Tiger Lily, I knew I'd find you here after that game of capture the flag,' Peter beamed, taking my hand and running his fingers across my hand, taking extra care to caress it as gently as possible and halting when his rough, large fore finger reaches my ring. I hadn't taken off my wedding ring, except putting it on my other finger when entering the pirate ship. 'Sit with me.'

It wasn't much of an invitation, more of a command which after time I'd decided it was best to follow. I sat, my legs in front of me and curled my toes in the baking sand. The beautiful, glowing sun rises slowly over me, bringing a gleaming light to the beautiful sand and sea. Its glittering, golden rays of heat warm me from the cool coast breeze which hits my face. Its rainbow colours, shades of red, orange and yellow shine brightly into the gentle gust of fresh air which blows around me. Looking directly up at it, I close my eyes tightly as the intense bright whiteness of the sun blinds me. I hadn't even noticed the sunset until now.

Silently, I listen to the waves lap up the dry sand. I'd forgotten how beautiful a beach was, but this one was beyond the splendour of any pebbled beach on the sea shore of Earth and it relaxed me completely.

Pan lay down next to me, his hand tucked behind his head with the other resting in mine, but our heads were in other worlds, drifting into separate day dreams. He sighed, not wanting to break the pleasant silence we rarely share. I'll cherish these memories forever.

'Read to me.' It was a command I was familiar with since we were married. I opened the book I occasionally read when the ample monotonous ocean became bitter cold and I would wrap the blankets he found for me around my shoulders.

I hadn't brought any books to Neverland, but although I had only been in Neverland for three days, Pan had gone to Earth to bring me back shoes, blankets, soaps and books.

'I have Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë?' It was a statement, but said more like a question than any other, but he replied with a nod. I sat up, tucking a lock of jet black hair behind my ear as he placed his head on my lap, removing it from the scorching sand.