Chapter 11: A story for a story

Hey,
Thanks for reading my story, it's really encouraging that so many people are reading it and enjoying it.
I'm very sorry about the wait because I always like to update as much as I can. However, I have written most of the next chapter on the journey to the funeral too, so I can update that shortly.
As requested, I have written the story of Tiger Lily and Malcolm/ Peter Pan.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Hello?' A voice called and I felt like I almost jumped out of my skin. I spun around in circles three times, suspecting that it was just a fairy trying to annoy me. I hated to admit it, but it was working.

'Hello?' I asked, looking around me until I peered upwards. A girl was sat in a cage, the bamboo obscuring her mostly from my view. I smiled up at her, surprised that there was another girl in Neverland. After just been innocently walking back to camp after my swim, I was particularly shocked because I wasn't expecting it at all.

'Are you a Lost Girl?' The girl asked, frowning down at me in confusion, probably because she had never encountered a Lost Girl. This confusion paralleled with the other Lost Boys, who were also shocked to see another girl in the camp.

'Not intentionally.' Trying not to look to confused and put off by her gender, I forced a large, cheerful smile in an attempt to make friends with seemingly the only other girl in Neverland, I greeted, 'I'm Tiger Lily, who are you?'

'Wendy, Wendy Darling,' She smiled back at me as brightly as she possibly could, bobbing her head slightly as a traditional greeting from the realm she came from. I felt like Wendy was beginning to trust me because it was obvious I didn't care about Pan. 'Why are you here?'

'I was tricked by Peter,' I shrugged angrily, then my smile widened slightly as I added curiosity, trying to subtle find out as much about this girl as possible, 'What about you?'

'I was silly enough to go with Pan's shadow to Neverland,' She sighed, twirling her fingers through her skirt and dress, like she was feeling a little self conscious about the fact that she was a little dirty in that cage. 'I like your dress, it's very natural.'

'I like your dress too, it's very pretty.' I complimented, tugging on the tassels of my dress and smiling back up at her simple, but pretty white night dress.

'How did Pan trick you into coming here?' Wendy asked softly, eyeing me suspiciously, like she trusted me, but wasn't sure as to how much she trusted me and whether I was with the Lost Boys or not.

'It's a long story.' I sighed eventually, braiding my hair again now that it had dried properly and looking back up at her through the bars of the cages.

'I like stories,' she said shyly and I got the impression that she had been in Neverland quite a long time and was growing a little bored and lonely of it. 'I used to tell them to my brothers.'

'In that case, you tell me your story first to show me how story telling is done,' I suggested, sending her a small smile as I ambled towards the tree she was hanging from.

I took hold of the branches and as she described to me her two brothers (John and Michael) and the stories she used to tell them of Neverland, I had made it to a branch so that I could look at her straight on, rather than from underneath her.

Her story fascinated me and I tucked my head under my chin, listening to her intently. Wendy's story was not long, so I decided that maybe it wasn't finished yet. Without telling her, I decided I would try to help her off Neverland and back to her brothers and new friend.

'So you want to return to your family?' I asked her eventually, fascinated by her love for story telling and enthusiasm for sharing her tale with someone willing enough to listen.