Chapter 19: Saving Bae

Hey,
Thanks for reading.
This chapter is quite long and I found it really sad to write because I didn't want Baelfire to go! 😪
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pan studied the bottles filled with squid ink with glee. I narrowed my eyes, tilting my head downwards to see the substantial quantity of squid ink.

My gaze lifted, as did Pan's, towards the pirate before him. Killian Jones had collected squid ink, but why? Was Hook really that desperate to work for Pan?

Without saying anything, Pan's gaze left Hook and he nodded with his head, motioning for Felix to come forward. Obediently, Felix ambled forwards and collected the bottles from Smee, smiling maliciously as he did so. Smee quaked harder and faster as Felix carried them back to Pan.

Killian Jones glanced at Smee's distress, before his eyes returned to Pan and gave him a cold, hard gaze. He said sharply, his fingertips hovering over his sword, 'That was more squid ink than we bargained for.'

I frowned, wondering why Killian Jones would agree to work for Pan. I had only known him for a few weeks, but I could tell by what happened to his brother that he would hate Pan now. It must be something very valuable and rare that Killian Jones wanted.

'Well done, pirate,' Pan said grandly, his eyes finally leaving Felix, who was setting the case into another Lost Boy's arms. He turned his attention back to Killian Jones, his eyes widening as he continued, 'You've finally done something right.

The pirate's eyes narrowed. 'Enough. Are you going to keep your end of the bargain or not?'

Peter raised his eyebrows, a little frustrated that Killian Jones would question his honesty. One of the few things I admired about Pan is that he always kept his promises. This was probably only because Pan enjoyed games, and they wouldn't be much fun if the players made deals they didn't keep. 'Of course. Unlike others, I always keep my word.'

The pirate's hands flexed subconsciously at his sides, his eyes darkening and narrowing. He sucked in a huge deep breath, before continuing, 'So you'll allow us to leave?'

I almost fell from my branch. Killian Jones hadn't left the island for weeks since we arrived in Neverland? I knew how valuable a passage off the island was and I was delighted that Pan allowed him to leave eventually, but I couldn't help but wonder how long they had been trapped on the island for. Was Oliver still on the island with the pirates?

Peter's eyes drifted to the case of squid ink. He paused, but gave a small nod of appreciation and agreed, 'Yes, I think you have sufficiently repaid the island enough. You are free to leave the island, pirate.'

The pirate's eyebrows furrowed, 'What do you mean? I have repaid you?'

'I am the island,' Pan spread his hands in glee, like a small child who had been given a huge box of candy. 'And I say you can leave.'

'Very well then...' Killian Jones clenched his jaw with uncertainty, still not trusting the boy before him, then gave a curt nod, before adding, '...We'll just be going...'

'Yes you will,' Pan agreed, waving a hand of pitiless dismissal. 'It hasn't been a pleasure.'

The pirate opened his mouth to retort, but quickly decided against doing so and closed it once again. He turned briskly, starting to walk confidently away with Smee scurrying after him.