Chapter 28: The Hard Way

Hey,
Thanks for reading, again I'm sorry about the wait. I'm really excited about the fact that I have over 2.4k reads!! Thank you so much everybody, every one read counts (cheesy as it sounds)!
As always, please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally I pulled away, my eyes gazing into his. Peter smirked at me, despite the fact he was a little out of breath. 'I suspected that it wouldn't work. Perhaps if I try something else...'

My ears sent the words to my brain, which repeated them twice and then processed them. I knew what this meant: pain. Pan was going to punish me for not telling him, persuade me to tell him where Henry is through violence. My heart hammered inside of my chest.

Sometimes the people we should fear the most are those closest to us.

Suddenly he grabbed my ankle sharply, yanking me backwards into his chest. I trip backwards, screaming in terror, and drop into his arms. Frustrated, I jump forwards out of his grasp, kicking his foot and slapping his hands off me. He pulled himself up, shooting me a wicked, malicious grin.

'What do you think I should do, Tiger?' He asked and I shivered in fear. 'Punish you? Torture you? Make you beg for mercy?' He winked.

Upon hearing this, my heart almost stopped and skipped a hasty beat. I quickly looked around for a quick escape, but he was gripping me so tightly I could barely move. Pan grabbed me by the waist, hauling me upwards so that we were floating through the air, wanting to humiliate me.

'Hold on tight, Tiger.' He ordered, 'Wouldn't want you to fall and break your neck before you tell me where Henry is, would we?'

I grumble silently, but quickly resumed my frantic, angry screaming and struggling tremendously. He whipped me backwards and carried me through the camp, where the Lost Boys stood jeering. I cursed, kicked and threatened him, but he remained unfazed.

'Silence!' Pan roared, angry beyond compare with my wicked nature and refusal to tell him what he wanted to know. 'You will tell me where Henry is.'

'Make me!' I screeched back and instantly regretted it.

Pan hovered down into a small clearing in the woods. We were alone, surrounded by listening, eerie trees.

My back was pressed against the tree, my breathing heavy and louder than usual. My eyes focused straight ahead and I concentrated on the tree before me, not daring to look directly into his eyes. Pan would recognised that look on my face, it was the look I wore when I was terrified. I could feel every inch of myself feeling scared.

Pan slowly, cautiously removed his hand  from my waist and let me drop to the ground. I staggered backwards, finding my balance and stood directly still, glaring at him. My eyes met his and, with a sudden rise of confidence, I bring back my fist in order to punch him and stop him from his dominant, aggressive actions.

Unsurprisingly, Pan's hand whipped forwards and grabbed my fist, holding it away from him. My defiance had frustrated him to an extreme point. Letting go of my fist, he pulled back his own hand and slapped me across the face.

The burning sensation spread across my cheek, inevitably leaving a red mark. I shrieked and clasped my cheek, my face pulling away from him. Small tears brim in my eyes, but I blink frantically, not allowing them to fall and show Pan any kind of weakness.

Pan's eyes met mine. He grabbed my hair, tugging my head violently towards him. I tried not to squirm or show any reaction, incase the tears begin to fall. 'Oh Tiger Lily, you know that bad girls need punishment.'