Chapter 16: Baelfire

Hey,
Thanks for reading! I can't believe I have over 1,000 reads! It's incredible! Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it.
I've added a new character, who is taken directly from the TV series, as you can tell from the chapter title. I've tried to keep his personality as close to the character as possible.
Please vote and comment.
NB: This chapter hasn't been checked for spelling, punctuation and grammar, so please comment if you see any mistakes.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Who's the new Lost Boy?' I asked Peter Pan, handing him a bowl of stew I just made. I had heard that there was a new addition to the Lost Boys, which I assumed was the reason why Felix and a few of the Lost Boys had been disappearing so often.

Pan hadn't told me why and I knew him well enough to know when to avoid asking questions. I guessed that this new Lost Boy was important somehow.

'That boy over there, he doesn't seem to want to talk.' Pan said as dismissively as possible, trying hard not to sound too enthusiastic, but I could see that this not was important to him, he was just trying to hide it.

I nodded, my eyes following his pointing finger to a dark haired boy, almost as dark as mine, with chocolate brown eyes, sat alone on a log, looking at the dancing flames and avoiding eye contact with anyone.

'I could try, if you like. I may not be as experienced as most of the other Lost Boys, but I could try to help him realise it isn't dangerous here.' I suggested and Pan paused for a moment, thinking this through carefully, before looking over at the boy.

'Why not.' He shrugged. Grinning in return at the opportunity of meeting new people, which I liked to do, I held back a bowl of stew, for me to give it to him.

I walked over to the boy, his arms wrapped around his body, but not in fear. This new Lost Boy didn't seem as terrified as most of the others had been when they first arrived, in fact he seemed almost angry. I decided I already liked him.

'Hey, you must be the new Lost Boy.' I said sitting down beside him on a log and handing him a bowl of stew. 'Here, you must be hungry.' I offered.

'You're a girl.' The boy said slowly, frowning at me in confusion because even though he had only been there a few hours, he could tell that I was the only Lost Girl. He took the stew from me and sent me a confused look, as if puzzling out whether to trust me or not.

I laughed. 'Well noticed, I suppose you're looking at so far the only exception to the "only boys allowed" rule.' I teased, then crossed my knees the way I had been told was proper when I arrived in Malcolm's realm, the place where I assume Baelfire was from, and put my hands on top of each other on my knees, smiling at him sweetly. 'I'm Tiger Lily, but you can call me Tiger. Who are you?'

Malcolm had told me that, unlike in Neverland, the custom of meeting people was to shake hands: something whereby you grasp the other person's hand and wave it about like a maniac. The natives only touched hands as a sign of affection or if there was a rocky cliff and you could fall off.

'I'm Baelfire, but my friends call me Bae. I suppose what my friends call me doesn't matter anymore.' He said and sent me a small, wavering smile. I smiled back in an attempt to make friends as I spooned some stew into my mouth, to show I hadn't poisoned it or something.

'Pleased to meet you, Bae.' I said, emphasising how I was calling him by his preferred nickname to show our quick friendship.